Thursday 21 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Stand By Me?


Stand By Me (1986)


Starring Will Wheaton (Flubber and Star Trek) , River Phoenix (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and My Own Private Idaho) , Corey Feldman (The Goonies and The Gremlins), Kiefer Sutherland (Mirrors and Phone Booth) and Jerry O'Connell (Sliders and Jerry Maguire)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


All I know about this film are the following, Family Guy did a great spoof of the film and it's a Stephen King book too. So, I like Stephen King films to be honest I like Misery, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and Carrie. So, from those films and the film appears to be a drama and not a horror. I am expecting quality drama like from The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption. I briefly looked at the cast listing, Corey Feldman is a great childhood actor he was in The Goonies and he is just brilliant so am expecting really great things from this film if he is in it.

After I Watched The Film?

Powerful stuff here boys and girls. This is truly up there with Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. It's a great drama with great stories to be heard and it's brilliantly told. Kids are on a mission to find a dead body basically, but it's not that simple! We see them get into trouble, we see them as we go with them on this journey going in as kids and then leaving as adults. The ending was much better than the Family Guy ending. However, I have to say Family Guy did do a great basics of the film especially the slow motion part I was thinking to myself....this film won't do that. WELL, I was wrong it was really great. I loved the kids stories as well, and I liked how there relationships and friendships throughout there journey is still strong. Plus, the film really shows that kids can make adult decisions in a situation and as adults help each other out. I do like how the film is actually recorded as well, the scenery we see lots of so it makes it more as an adventure drama when we see where they are. But, I like how they deal with conflict as well in the film. Corey Feldman really played a great part in this film, personally felt like watching a completely different actor too. Reflecting on the film, I would say considering the plot and the storyline is so simple I think that's why it's so appealing and quite over-rated for being simple with a great storyline and amazing cast.


Is This A Stephen King Film Worth Seeing?


If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend it to anyone. If you like your dramas, with slight thriller moments and just seeing true friendships with a great feel good moments then this is a film highly to watch by everyone. It's on UK Netflix right now so if you have Netflix nothing is stopping you watching this amazing film. I was actually quite surprised Stephen King wrote this, the book is called 'The Body' and it's from some short stories called 'Different Seasons'. But, am generally surprised because it was just a nice simple film but you can see why it's one of the greats. Plus, the ending was absolutely unique, yeah we see it a lot in films now but back then I can't recall a film with that kind of ending.

So, What's The Bottom Line?


REALLY? You need a bottom line....Basically, this film is awesome to see and the acting is brilliant. If you haven't seen it SEE IT. It's truly a great Stephen King's film to watch.

My Rankings

Hmm, I see IMDB users have rated this an 8.1 but I like these kinds of films. Simple plot, simple storyline and great acting from young stars. Sorry, IMDB I have to say a 10 out of 10. A MUST WATCH.



Here is the trailer:
Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005/

Here is the Facebook Group to join the THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment