Sunday 20 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line on Baby's Day Out?

Baby's Day Out (1994) 

Starring: Lara Flynn Boyle (Men in Black 2 and Wayne's World), Joe Mantegna (Criminal Minds and The Godfather: Part lll) and Joe Pantoliano (Memento and The Matrix)

First thoughts of this movie, before watching it?

I remember this being advertise on BBC1 on I THINK New Year;s Eve and I was watching it with my mum, dad, Grandma and my sister Karen. And, we read about it and it's something as a family I knew we would enjoy.


After I watched the film?

This film is so  under-rated! When I first watched this I was crying of tears of laughter. It's brilliant, the actors facial reactions, frustrations and even comedy timing is brilliant. Plus, it's something I like! I like what would a baby do? How much trouble could a baby do! And, this is the message to all parents nightmare if it ever happened. Plus, (SMALL SPOILER) I like the fact the baby knows where he is going. This baby when watching this film we see some form of intelligence and defensive upbringing. But, I love this film because it's a childhood film and a 90s film that has been forgotten!

Should they make a sequel of this movie?

Personally, no. And, the reason being I think it would ruin the whole first film of this movie. It's like Home Alone the first one is a classical masterpiece. The second one, brilliant and then suddenly 3rd, 4th and 5th just slowly went down hill and exploded! This film shouldn't be into another film simply because it's pure and a great film with amazing actors. If they did do a sequel I will be extremely disappointed because they can't do the remake with the same cast......Lost you haven't I.... Okay! take these three bad guys and ever wondered what the baby looks like now.....

Boom....it won't work. It won't be a great sequel because if you look at the guy who was the baby below to the three guys at top. It won't have the cheesy classic comedy that the first one had. And, the fact that in today's society there isn't really many cheesy comedies. It's more animation and the younger generations like the more older ratings. They like Transformers, Harry Potter we are experiencing a darker entertainment from 20 years ago. That's why it won't work.  


So, what's the bottom line?

From Family Guy, "Do you know what really GRIND my gears!" THIS FILM BEING SO UNDER-RATED! It's brillaint, a great film for all members of the family, no swearing, no violence. Just some simple slap stick comedy with a brilliant little hero and I would recommend this to anyone that likes big laughs with simple comedy.

Tips if watching the film?


I would recommend this to anyone, make sure you just wanna lay back and relax and laugh with the family. Simply because, it's nothing to think about this film and it's not full on spoon fed. It's written well enough so anyone can understand it. And, it will bring lots of laugh I literally STILL cry to this film for being utterly brilliant. 

My rankings


Considering IMDB users gave this film a very disappointing 5.8. I think it's quite an under-rated film it has classic comedy gold and considering there's a baby really showing who's boss to three grown men! That alone is funny! I give a a good 10 out of 10!

Want to know more about this movie, here is the IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109190/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A treat for my readers, a clip from the movie. Probably, one of my most favourite moments in the whole film.


No comments:

Post a Comment