Tuesday 29 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line With The Gingerdead Man?

The Gingerdead Man (2005)


Starring Gary Busey (Lethal Weapon and Point Break), Robin Sydney (The Lost and Evil Bong) and Ryan Locke (American Gun and The New Twenty)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


I found this in a box set of the Puppet Master. I don't know why thou, I think considering Puppet Master 1 and 2 and Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys was in it. They basically, just added this film because I THINK it was either the same studio, writer or director. But, my first impression was......a gingerbread man.....that kills people. So, it's Chucky The Killer Doll if he was sweeter? I don't know what on EARTH went through someone's mind when thinking of this film. But, I don't wanna judge until I watch the film. But, considering that this film wasn't in the 70s or 80s it was 2005....not even 10 years ago. So, maybe someone around a break table ate a gingerbread man and someone made a joke and boom we have a film. I dunno...

After I Watched The Film?


This must of been the cheesy horror film I have seen. I MEAN.....come on! A gingerbread man that kills people......A GINGERBREAD MAN. I understand the logic for Chucky the Killer Doll, Slappy from Goosebumps, Puppet Master dolls because they have some logic behind the puppets. But, this film was just ridiculous it wasn't a "Ahhhh! Run awayy" horror film and not any tension and it was just a very lacking horror film. I think it was suppose to portray a cheesy film but why make this film? Who would watch this? Unless, your a baker that hates there job! It even says in IMDB "An evil yet adorable Gingerbread man comes to life with the soul of a convicted killed." Okay.....starters how can evil be adorable? Okay yeah, Bedazzled Emily Hurley is hot, Him from the Powerpuff Girls is creepy, Zim from Invader Zim is weird. But, an evil being adorable? It just doesn't happen! You can't have a cute evil it's two opposites. You can't picture Freddy and Jason with a cup of tea then why make this film! The gore was rubbish, the reason for the killing was too plain. If a gingerbread came at you,you just crush it, kick it or even eat it! But.....no. That didn't happen to any of these guys that got killed! It was silly that sums it up. I think what annoys me the most, is the fact THIS IS DONE IN 2005! We have Special Effects that are soooooooo much better than what am showing you below. I am more frustrated with the design of the Gingerbread Man, he isn't more gruesome enough, bloody enough and if IMDB mentions it's adorable. Come on, below isn't adorable or creepy it's just weird. It's not a killer if it's like 2/3 inches of evil just doesn't happen.


Should they make more?


NO! It was just dreadful and it's re-memorable for the wrong reasons. It's a gingerbread man.....that kills people what more can I say. At least Chucky had these one liners before you die. Nope, this Gingerbread Man killing machine just slashed and moved on. But, the bad news is they have already made more of these films. IN FACT, it's a Trilogy! Yeah! They actually put money into these kind of films for a trilogy! I don't know why, or maybe it sold well somewhere in the world I dunno! But, it's rubbish I wouldn't watch it with anyone and I wouldn't recommend this horror unless you like pure cheesiness of a low budget horror with a very low creativity.

So, What's The Bottom line?


Bottom line, if you like your cheesy horrors and low budget as well then give it ago. But, I am saying it is really bad. And, I mean REALLY bad it's good to say "Oh I watched this rubbish film". But, Bottom Line like cheesy horrors with a ridiculous killer than give it a go.

My Rankings


IMDB users gave this film a 3.4 THAT'S GENEROUS. If I could I would give it nothing. Nothing at all made this film enjoyable. I give it a 1 at least for the creativity even thou they weren't being great making it a killing machine.

Here's the IMDB page to find out more about this film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364376/
Here is the trailer for this film too:

No comments:

Post a Comment