Monday 28 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line With Ender's Game


Ender's Game (2014)


Starring Harrison Ford (Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark), Asa Butterfield (Hugo and The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas) and Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit and 3 Days To Kill)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


I knew nothing about this film at all. The name itself to me suggested it's a long game and in the end one will win and one will lose sort of deal. I knew the major actors in it, not personally off course! I WISH! We have Harrison Ford who ever knows as Han Solo or Indiana Jones so the acting quality is gonna be awesome from him. Also, we have Asa Butterfield which I love his acting in Hugo and The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas he is one of the actors you may not remember the name but know the face instantly. Then, Hailee Steinfeld which is turning into another childhood and hopefully further actor in her career because her acting is more than watch-able.

After I Watched The Film?


Well, I was kinda right and kinda wrong. Basically, think of this film as boot camp but in the future and how suddenly it becomes real. That's how I would describe this film. But, there's great drama that's realistic considering it's a futuristic style of military school. They use lots of strategies to succeed. Ender Wiggin (played by Asa Butterfield) we see how he gets where he is, we see him and how his emotions are balanced and also we see a really intelligent person as well throughout the film and he is a child. But, I enjoyed this film for the sci-fi fantasy reasons for the stunning effects. But, the sci-fi film I found it quite realistic and it could be possible. I always said this, "I LIKE THE POSSIBLE FILMS" something that one day could happen and this film is one of them films. But, it's really good to see how these characters unfold to us as we watch and the games that they have to play as well is something unique to watch if you like a sci-fi film. Plus, the acting is quite good as well and the 'fighting' action packed scenes are really good as well. Also, I didn't credit him but he deserves a shout from me....Ben Kingsley is also in this film and he plays a 'teacher' shall we say. I like all the characters in this film would take me a while to credit them but if you like unique individuals this is a great film to watch.

Could there be room for Ender's Game 2? 


If you have seen Ender's Game check this link out http://screenrant.com/enders-game-movie-sequel-fleet-school/ (I go on ScreenRant a lot to get my information, it's a reliable and very accurate site to get your movie knowledge) But, I will say this. I don't think it should be a series simply because I think we won't be as interested because we see Ender in the film grow. And, I don't wanna say anything but considering the ending it won't be as great to a sequel. Maybe, instead of going with the books try and doing the military academy with someone else as the main character. Just something different, where it ended it should end there and that's all am saying.

So, What's The Bottom line?


If you like adventure, action and realistic sci-fi films this is defo for you  and if you like some petty romance then this is for you too. Bottom Line - This is an awesome new sci-fi film and I would recommend it to those that like that kind of film feel and a realistic sci-fi adventure like Zathura. Finally, if you like Star Trek then this is also a film to see because to me it's quite similar to the Star Trek generation environments.

Tips If Watching The Film?


  1. Only tip, you don't need to read the book to watch the film. Like the Harry Potter films, you don't need to read any of the books to watch the film. It's easy to get into. 

My Rankings


Well IMDB users across the world, overall the ranking stands at 6.8. Personally, I gave it a 10 when I instantly saw it. However, now on reflection I give it a 9 out of 10 because of one of the scenes really really bugged me haha.


Here is the IMDB page to find out more information about this film: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/ref_=nv_sr_1

Here is the trailer for the film too, let me know what you think as well. Love to hear some comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment