Sunday 27 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Recess School's Out?

Recess School's Out (2001)


Starring Andrew Lawrence (Bean and Jack Frost) , Ricky D'Shon Collins (Jack and Danny Phantom) and Jason Davis (Rush Hour and Beverley Hills Ninja)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?

This has to be one of those original Disney movies, that I remember in the summer in 2001. I loved Recess it was a huge childhood programme that I watched when I was a kid and I still enjoy the movie. I remember seeing it at my Grandma's and even she liked it, I liked the programme so nothing at all was gonna tell me I hate the film right?

After I Watched The Film?

Brilliant, utter BRILLIANCE. We have awesome kids in the film that will do anything to save summer basically and there school. We got in this film, a really good villain and has a great back story to that. We have TJ and the gang as always and all equal roles apart from TJ we see the story from him mainly because he is the leader. We have the stereotypes of teachers but there is an AWESOME scene which I won't say but we see teachers and students as one. Plus, remember I watched this as a kid and a student and seeing this film brought out "hey Teachers are people to" (really?) but we see that in this film that they are just your Average Joes. Plus, I found the animation good for 2001, the detail that gone into this was really worth waiting for. And, we see the kids as always being more intelligent and off course creative then the adults. 

Can They Do More With Recess? 

No, and here's my reasoning. Remember High School Musical when it first came out, everybody loved it. Then, the second one came out and people still liked it and the third it was just okay. I think Recess they won't start redoing the TV Show as we want it because it's already been done if you think about it. Yes, they have done a few feature TV films on Recess. They did a Halloween one, 5th Grade one and this one and I think another one. But, when considering what kids watch today they have no idea about the good stuff back in the day! Especially Recess. It's good to teach kids the groups we have in society and understand how people act lots of psychology, yes there's stereotypes in this film but all the kids are unique and that's one of the important lessons we have to teach kids. But, it's sad to say I doubt they will do anymore because we could see them going into the 5th Grade do a session and that's it. Because, we like kids staying kids and not going to college because the trouble, games and TJ's plans won't work because of it being a higher system. 

So, What's The Bottom Line?

If you have seen this, you know the bottom line is this is a great family and kids film to watch espeically in the summer. Bottom line? This is awesome and I would watch this during summer when you have the chance with your little ones or yourself if you think your a big kid haha

Tips if watching the film?

  1. It's good old Disney and it's a cute film so just remember if your in the mood to feel good about yourself, wanna see a childhood film or introduce your niece, nephew, son or daughter to a certain kids film I would recommend this film because they would enjoy it. 

My Rankings 

Honest, 10 out of 10 because it is one of the best Disney TV animation film from my childhood and I still think to this day it's awesome. We got comedy, action and adventure what more could you ask for?


Here is the IMDB link to find out more information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265632/?ref_=nv_sr_2



No comments:

Post a Comment