Monday 28 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line With Justice League: Doom?

Justice League: Doom

Starring Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series), Tim Daly (Wings) and Susan Eisenberg (Justice League)


First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


I watched this film with my brother Jamie who's married to my sister Karen in America. When it comes to films they really pick well. They pick stuff I like and I even experienced an Anime film called 'Perfect Blue' but that's for another blog! It's epic thou. Ermm, I know about the Justice League in generally like who's in it but never seen them together. I didn't watch the TV show I just went straight into this film and I was slightly excited because I like animation because they can do more than live action films. 


After I watched the film?


Interesting pick of villains! We have Bane (Batman's foe), Cheetah (Wonder Woman's foe), Metallo (Superman's foe), Star Sapphire (Green Lantern's foe), Mirror Master (Flash's foe), Ma'alea'ak (Green Martin's foe) and then we have the leader Vandal Savage (I love this character because this is the first film I've seen him in and he has a great back story). So, basically this film is about the end of the Justice League. That's not a spoiler I haven't said how or anything but it's interesting seeing these villains. From what I understand Bane isn't the MAJOR villain I would of thought The Joker, Two-Face or Riddler but it was great seeing Bane in a film. Metallo was excellent, first experience with this villain am not a huge DC Hereos more Marvel (sorry readers haha). Star Sapphire I do know some about and it was interesting seeing her in this film. Cheetah, hmm I remember watching Wonder Woman TV Show and I remember her she was one of the major ones but it was good. This film is well worth watching, we see how would the Justice League cope. AND, there's even a twist of who made these plans to get rid of the Justice League. I REALLY wanna tell you so SPOILER ....... Batman made the plans, so that if the Justice League EVER and I mean EVER went to the side of evil then this is a way to stun them. But, we find out Vandal Savage uses it much more seriously. 

END OF SPOILERS! So, I would recommend this to ANY DC fan, animation fan or even the ones that are curious about this film. Because, the animation is quite beautiful to watch itself it's DC they really care about there animation and take time making this film you can just tell how much effort has gone into this film just watching the trailer below. 




Can I See This Happening In A Live Action Film?


Maybe similar, but never the same. Let's see where we are. We got the Superman VS Batman film. Yes? And, Wonder Woman is in it as well. And, there's a Flash film and they are making a Justice League film. BUT, I have to say no. Simply because they won't do this film exactly. The station isn't even built yet. Batman and Superman aren't 'Best Buds' yet. Green Lantern am unsure if they are keeping Ryan Reynolds but they could just do a reboot. Wonder Woman looks more today's modern super hero not this one I have seen in this film. I would like to see Mirror Master, Bane (already done but would be nice to see....doubt it thou), Metallo thou if they did do this film or in a different film would be great. Plus, since Wonder Woman is in Batman VS Superman is one of her villains going to be in this? PLUS, we haven't met Green Martian or Cyclops yet! There's loads if you watched the Justice League TV Show there's like 150 superheroes I know it's in the hundreds! But, I haven't looked to much into the Batman VS Superman. But, I can see Lex Luthor the only way I can see is Superman mistakes Bruce Wayne as Lex Luthor and then boom Batman appears! Haha. But, who knows? Apart from the writers clearly. Plus, if they did redo the film with these villains I think they would have to change the plot because there's no sense just redoing the exact film to the animation film. No sense at all. However, we also see different villains in this film that we haven't seen yet especially at the beginning. But, I can only see this film happening in about 6/7 years at the earliest if it ever happens or something similar like this to get all the characters out in the open. Plus, I think it would be pretty awesome to see Vandal Savage in a film because he is a very interesting villian with a great backstory. He has the intelligence of Professor X in X-Men and the wealth of Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor tripled! 


RANDOM FACT ABOUT DC HEROES!

The Joker in the animation 'stuff' is the same guy who plays Luke Skywalker....yes...Luke Skywalker the lightstaber Jedi master is also The Joker in Batman series animated.. 

So, What's The Bottom Line?


Here's the bottom line readers, if you like DC hereoes and actually see the Justice League maybe get killed.....this is for you! This film has a great storyline, amazing DC heroes and also we see the Justice League before the live film haha. That's the bottom line, "MUST WATCH" simple. 

Tips if watching the film?

  1. Watch the film and don't do ANY research into it. I didn't and I enjoyed it more
  2. Afterwards, if you're interested in knowing more about the villains go right ahead. 
  3. Make sure you have popcorn and a drink at the ready because some scenes are quite tense! 
  4. Remember it's animation so you won't see Ben Affleck as Batman.....yet!

My rankings


Well, I agree with this rating IMDB users gave this film a solid 7.4 a very good rating for an animated film. I personally, gave it a 10 out of 10 because it's like seeing the live film. It has action, a great storyline and villains I really enjoyed it and if your a DC fan too you'll enjoy this film too

Here is the IMDB page to find out more: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2027128/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Here is the Trailer for this film as well, ENJOY!;

No comments:

Post a Comment