Monday 21 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line On WWE Battleground?

WWE BATTLEGROUND (2014) 


Kick Off Panel


Alex Riley

Who? I remember this guy with the Miz for a little while and having a feud with him. I believe he trains new superstars on NXT but besides that am surprise he was even on a WWE Pay-Per-View from my knowledge. Alex Riley isn't really a huge talked about superstar any more after the feud with The Miz. 

Christian

That's more like it! Christian he has had some awesome tag team partners one of them being the Rated R Superstar Edge! He has had matches with The Hardy Boys, The Brothers of Destruction and he has had some good matches this year. Want to see more of him. But, I like him on the panel because of his experience in the ring and I believe he does as well help other superstars in wrestling as well. 

Booker T

Hall of famer Booker T, or as I like him King Booker. He has really shined in the WWE he has been a general manager for Smackdown, he has been a wrestling champion, he has written books and he has had some of the biggest wrestlers like Batista, Undertaker and Triple H. The list goes on, but I am always happy to see him on television shows WWE does care about there hall of famers and I believe Booker T likes working with WWE as well.

Match 1 The USO's (c) vs Luke Harper and Erick Rowan for the Tag Team Championships


Jimmy and Jey Uso 

I like this tag team, the reason being they have this very unique feel when they do there entrance and when they fight. They are high flyers but I didn't know this they are related to Rikishi, The Rock and Roman Reigns so the family alone is quite famous. They have the energy, they have the team work, they work amazingly together and I don't know the result of Battleground but well worth champions to hold the titles because of there drive in and out of the ring. 

Erick Rowan and Luke Harper 
Personally, they are like the Brothers of Destruction I think that's what WWE is trying to do with these new guys on the block. They are more ruthless, uncontrollable and more aggressive then Bray Wyatt. I don't want them two verses Bray Wyatt because it would ruin the whole disturbed atmosphere there trying to accomplish. I like Luke Harper (on the right) because he does this thing with his eyes that shows he isn't normal. He widens them and does this twitch which is like a little ignite to show the animal inside. Then, Erick Rowan (on the left) I can see him being the new Kane when the old Kane retires he has the look of just something weird. Not in a bad way, but he portrays insanity just wearing that weird lamb mask.

Performance

Lot of close 3 pins, which I enjoy I was more surprised how long this match was! Considering, in the past most minor championship belts only last like 5 to 10 minutes but with this I was extremely happy. There was like 8/10 close pins in this match which really makes a difference. The WWE Universe was shouting and groaning at each count out. Was a good 10 out of 10. 

Match 2 One on One singles match Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins



Dean Ambrose

He reminds me of Stone Cold Steve Austin trying to be bad-ass then with some Mick Foley's rock n roll but more psycho!. But, from the Shield to a one man deal he seems to be better. We understand him more as an entertainer and wrestler. But, he was a talker in the Shield which is why I like him as a one man guy. He speaks his mind and doesn't keep it in the locker room because some WWE entertainers don't like each other for personal reasons. Plus, his wrestling is very aggressive in and out of the ring he always wants to fight which is what I like. WWE have some wrestlers that like to pretend they can't fight or complain but this guy just does it. And, gets on with it.


Seth Rollins

I liked his high flying moves in the Shield but with the Authority yes he goes speak his own mind. And, being Money in the Bank winner he has a good spotlight right now in WWE. He speaks good on the microphone no where near CM Punk statue but it's entertaining. This two would have to collide at some point and am looking forward to the end result. His high flying ability is interesting, it's not Rey Mysterio style but more CM Punk. Considering, CM Punk isn't in WWE now but advertised and is in the Alumni section in the site. Maybe, the Authority are trying to heighten his character to be the next big villain alongside Triple H.

Performance

Can't tell you but in one word 'sloppy'. That comes to mind. I don't really know what to say about it not really a match I have to say. I liked there final scene where you see them, reminded me of the old wrestling where it doesn't stop in the ring. Can happen anywhere.


Match 3 One on One singles match for the Divas Championship AJ Lee (c) vs Paige



AJ Lee

Mickie James reminder for me with a bit of the whole Lita feel and in real life married to CM Punk, a HUGE comic con and loves video games person. The skipping and the whole smiling thou that she does is very hypnotic and disturbing to watch you can see the disturbance with her. Plus, for someone that doesn't look like Beth Phoenix for example she can wrestle. She has energy, she has a fabulous submission called 'The Black Widow' which is different for the divas to have and suitable for them.


Paige

Seen a few of her matches her aggressiveness shows her like Lita she is quite gothic too like AJ Lee but I notice she does give some respect if they think the wrestler deserves it which is something I like about this new girl Paige. I mainly see her first wrestling match on Raw, I don't watch NXT because of how plain it can get and it's not Raw or Smackdown. But, from what I saw of her matches she is very aggressive and has some strong wrestling moves to quickly weaken most opponents.

Performance 

Before the match starts, they have been doing the 'fake' best friends deal which I don't like really. They should show how they feel without the fakeness of 'best' friends. Saw more technical ability in this diva's match then any divas match this year. Saw a lot of pin reversals, DDT's, submission reversals and the performance itself was entertaining to watch. I didn't care who wins for this match because they both deserve the title there isn't a good or bad guy here they just want one thing and that's the title. But, I did love the fact we hear the "CM PUNK" chants again because he was a wrestler when he turned heel and hero people over his entertainment career in WWE. But, out of 10 I give it a 10.

Match 4 One on One singles matchJack Swagger VS Rusev 



Rusev

He demonstrates dominance and the similarities that I see with him. He is like the Great Khali meaning he has someone to speak for him. Then, he has his wrestling ability but I can't mention what I think really I've only seen him in about two matches so am interested to see what's going to happen. I noticed thou whilst watching some of his matches on WWE, he has some similar submissions like the Great Khali and he uses his strength as a huge advantage point to weaken and slow his opponents. But, am not a Ric Flair going "woo" at him it's more the Miz going "really?". Although, makes me laugh that his finishing submission is the same as Jinder Mahal who is now gone from WWE.... Just abit ironic there!


Jack Swagger

I remember when he first started out, and seeing where that's led it's been alright. He has always been the same high light in WWE as a middle man. Never John Cena, yes he has beaten him but then he has a match with Kofi Kingston or Antonio Cesaro. But, his grappling and submissive moves have been something interesting. Keeping to the traditional kind of wrestling. I like the whole, caring the American flag and #WeThePeople making what the Americans believe through WWE. Very patriot and inspiring for the young viewers to get inspired in there country.

Performance 

There was a lot of talk from Lana Rusev's manager about how American's basically 'suck' and promote Rusev saying he will destroy Jack Swagger. I don't like the whole Russia verses USA simply because it should be individual reasons not a whole country of why you're fighting. Reminds me when Christian and I THINK Edge was a team that love Canada and hated USA and then you have clearly Hulk Hogan and some other guys vs them to show USA rocks. It should be classed that way and not on countries but individuality. The performances from these two wrestlers thou are good, they have that high energy that is quite hard to see in some wrestlers especially in WWE. The general managers is a good idea because Jack Swagger and Rusev don't have amazing microphone skills which is why managers are there. To heighten the wrestlers. But, the match was a good average and good strong wrestling techniques. I have to say thou the result of the match for me as a WWE fan was too easy. Am not saying, what happened but it was just too easily to avoid more conflict. But, I give a clap to the winner for his performance he did.


Match 5One on One singles matchBray Wyatt vs Chris Jericho 


Chris Jericho

I like Chris Jericho, I listen to his band 'Fozzy' as well and I enjoy his submissions and his energy in the ring. His entrance is awesome and his surprise come back wasn't expected at all. So, seeing his back was brilliant and then seeing Bray Wyatt come out. I like Jericho (Y2J) because of his intelligence he actually is quite intelligent. Most WWE are, I like the fact VADER had a business degree. Anyway, I like Jericho's matches he has done I believe anything on WWE and I like his microphone abilities it can be said they are equal to CM Punk's but I prefer CM Punk's pipe bombs. Chris Jericho can walk the walk and do the wrestling as well and the energy is always there he can hit the Codebreaker or Walls of Jericho whenever in a match.


Bray Wyatt

HUSKY HARRIS! Sorry, had to say it. But, that's what Bray Wyatt reminds me of he was in the Nexus with Wade Barrett. But, what a change! His costume, his character and his wrestling is very absurd in a disturbing and ritualistic kind of way. I'll say this thou......where's Undertaker? I know where he is. But, considering he is getting there and the streak was lost to Brock Lesnar is Bray Wyatt the new Undertaker. He has that disturbing presence when in the ring, I personally think he is the new Undertaker for the new generation of wrestling because some of his energies and his reasoning is really dark. He is more out of control, unpredictable and the attitude of insanity comes to mind. PLUS, I really like "I got the whole world in his hand"....really shows that he is a new WWE wrestler in the company and I can clearly say we don't have anyone like Bray Wyatt apart from the Undertaker. Which is why I think Luke Harper and Erick Rowan are the brothers of destruction and he is the Urn that Kane and the Undertaker used for power.....think about that. But, his finisher Sister Abigail is very interesting....I would like to see more of him, he is entertaining and more what I like. Am a huge Taker fan, and this Bray Wyatt is growing on me more and more I watch.

Performance

BEFORE IT STARTS, can see two outcomes. (1) If Bray Wyatt wins he will take Jericho with him and the next Raw we see a NEW Jericho. But, considering Jericho hasn't changed his image for about 10 years maybe we'll see. (2) Jericho wins but Bray Wyatt has the final say.

We see the madness of Bray Wyatt in this, he is more animalistic in this match which I like. I DIDN'T want Erick Rowan or Luke Harper in the ringside because Bray Wyatt wasn't in there's. Am typing this as it's on. I don't know what's gonna happen. But, lot of punches and great pain reactions. Energy mellow but can be quicker. But, was happy that the ref. got rid of Erick Rowan and Luke Harper but am more interested how will Bray Wyatt perform only seen a hand full of him on his own. I am going to say, Bray Wyatt does show more inhuman personalities and Jericho really shows strategy. And. that's what I'll say on that,

Match 620 Battle Royal for the Intercontinental Championship reason this match because of Bad News Barrett having an injury


Big E

Considering he is new, I liked him from the start. He shows the power and energy of Batista which is good. Because, I always have to remember any WWE superstar can get injured so you need that similar superstar to replace them. But, Big E is truly a power house wrestler. I would love him to win the title because he can wrestle and people generally like him. I liked him as AJ's bodyguard always had some sense of humour then when he went solo we saw more of his wrestling style. 

Alberto Del Rio

Submission wise he is technically one of the best there is. But, it's just his character I don't like. He will never grow on me. I remember I think in 2013 when he tried going baby face but it just didn't work. He has too much confidence and too much "I am the best" and "It is my destiny". My favourite match thou with him, was with Rey Mysterio when he first wrestled him. We saw Alberto Del Rio as a very aggressive and ruthless superstar and now we rarely see that. 

Antonio Cesaro

I like this guy, simply because now he is on his own. He can speak lots of languages which he used in segments before but I like his power house style. He can throw someone in the air and do a tight uppercut. He can portray strength in wrestling. I do have to say thou, he gets tired quite easily. I noticed in some matches he needs a few seconds to get back up and you can tell he heavily breaths but I think he sorted that because I saw him in this weeks matches. 

R-Truth

Am GLAD he is still there, he did the WHAT'S UP and Little Jimmy character's I don't know which one he is now because I rarely see him wrestle. I think WWE keep him because he is still slightly popular in the WWE with his chants "What's Up!". But, considering who is in the WWE the only title shot I can see him having is for the united states, intercontinental champion or tag team champion really. 

Ryback

Personally, this is what I think. WWE messed it up. Ryback was this none stoppable force comparable to Brock Lesnar and Batista he was gonna be HUGE. But, he lost when you lose and you put on this unstoppable force then it slides. And, slides........and slides. I remember his first few matches, he was against one, two and even three people and he did his finisher on one, two or even three people. It was something to watch. I like Ryback and I think he needs a push for either Intercontinental champion or United States champion and show that ruthlessness that he started with. 

Curtis Axel

Michael McGillicutty is how I remember this wrestler. He was also in the Nexus. I like the fact Paul Heyman has him as a manager. Paul Heyman is one of the greatest managers because he can bigger the wrestler. But, considering he has had a reimage which has worked I think some WWE fans who watched Nexus will just remember him as Michael McGillicutty it's great when you redo an image of a superstar but make sure it's for the best. Which this has done. 

Zack Ryder

Am not surprised he is still there. He has a YouTube channel and because of that he is big in the WWE. Plus, I think he trains other wrestlers. But, the likely hood him winning a title is very very rare considering I don't see him wrestle anymore. I think he has moved to NXT but I don't watch that channel. Besides that, I don't see him on Raw or Smackdown unless Triple H calls the locker room out. 

Titus O'Neil

I wanna see more of Titus O'Neil, from what I've seen he is a great power house. If he just gets that little re-vamp instead of being the whole cocky and confident wrestler and slowly morph himself into a John Cena character that has respect and loyalty we have a really good wrestler. I can see him going for the United States championship. He has the energy and the look of a wrestler. 

Damien Sandow

I quite liked his first portral as a very well educated superstar and in the ring just aggressive. But, WWE has made him into the newest Big Show.......In other words, a laughing stock. Every time he comes out it's a new look and something to make fun off. 

Heath Slater

-sigh- I don't understand. WWE got rid of Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre but kept Heath Slater. Drew had that lone run for the WWE title and Jinder had some interesting matches. I think because Heath Slater has the character down but not the wrestling ability....yet. If he keeps trying and work and work for it he could be United States one day. 

Diego

I can only say, great high flying ability only seen him in one match. 

Sin Cara

I like Sin Cara, but that's not Sin Cara. Haha, believe me or not. He left WWE and then Hunico replace the original Sin Cara and now is Sin Cara. I like his in ring ability, he flys around the ring. He ISN'T a Rey Mysterio. Rey is the underdog and I think Sin Cara is just a very arty wrestler that likes the high flying moves and submissions. Whilst Rey has them but he likes hitting and kicking as well. Whilst, Sin Cara is more a kicker if you know what I mean.

Xavier Woods

Can't comment simply because I haven't seen him wrestle, but in this pay per view. Was just average. 

The Great Khali

I feel sorry for this guy, he has so much potential. EVER battle royal not even speaking about this one every goes for him. But, he does elimate a few. I remember when his submissions made his opponents bleed from there nose and mouth! That's the Great Khali he has beaten the Undertaker, the Big Show and Kane and lots more wrestlers that were huge and even John Cena. But, I want him to win a title again because he deserves it and I THINK he is one of 20 of the longest running wrestlers in the WWE. 

Kofi Kingston

High flying and he is entertaining! He does amazing battle royals he lands on his feet, he lands on the ramps not the floor, lands on the steps with his hands. He his brilliant I think he should push for tag team championships again. He deserves a title, he does a lot for the WWE. I even liked the fact he had a try for WWE title at one point last year which was pretty good to watch, I think it was the elimination chamber. 

Bo Dallas

I hate this whole BO-LIEVE it's just so annoying and it just reminds me of a kid's mind thinking this is rubbish. I dunno WHY he does it. I hate the fact no one has beaten him yet in a match, he has a streak. But, it won't be as near as Goldberg's streak he isn't a Goldberg. I think his streak will last either one more week or a month at the most. I can't see it being longer than that. 

Dolph Ziggler

He is the favour to win this battle royal, his new babyface is great to watch. He can wrestler, he has the energy. He has had matches with everyone in WWE Roster to today's date apart from some of the new comers like Bo Dallas and Adam Rose. But, he entertaining to watch if you've never seen him wrestle look at some YouTube footage. 

The Miz

NO MATTER WHAT, he will be annoying. He just thinks he is the best. Babyface or heel he portrays this atmospheric character that just annoys me. Yes, he can wrestle with some technical ability but at the end of the day he can be very easily beaten. 

Sheamus (He's also the United States Champion)

ALRIGHT FELLA! I love Sheamus he is what I look for in a wrestler. Remember Finlay with Hornswoggle? He is like Finlay but more aggressive, comical and has more body strength. Sheamus when he first came to WWE he was beating Triple H, John Cena, Mark Henry and the Big Show. He was amazing. I love the aggressiveness he had and the energy, the anger, the power he could do. His moves are quite flowing as well like John Cena. Sheamus has a lot of powerhouse moves which I enjoy and he is enjoying to watch as well in any matches he does. 

BAD NEWS BARRETT

Have to like him, from my home town Manchester. His new character I like, I like his phase "Am afraid, I got some BAD NEWS FOR YA!" It's great, I remember when he was in the Nexus, then to the Corre then he went solo. His in-ring ability is strong, he plays aggressively which I enjoy watching. He portrays a very skilled wrestler and I enjoy his microphone ability as well. He is overall a great wrestler. Shame, he wasn't in this pay per view as a wrestling figure but more a microphone figure warning the next intercontinental champion that he will be back.

Performance

I love it, when all of them go for the biggest guy just ends up with bad news haha. But, lots of energy in the ring, annoys me when they slowly wrestle who your suppose to wrestle just frustrates me. Am curious who will be the winner, always ends with the last two and they fight for ages and then a sudden NEAR escape turns into them winning. BUT, that's what I think. We see lots of energy from the major wrestlers But, could of swapped more of the lower ranking wrestlers with some higher ones I have to admit. The last two very worthy for the intercontinental title. I have to say that! The third one, meh. But, more shocked at how long Heath Slater stayed in for to be honest haha. Actually......scrap that. I can't really say am amazed by the new intercontinental champion but he has had titles before.

Match 7 for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a Fatal-4-Way Match John Cena (c) vs Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton vs Kane


John Cena
Considering he is the champion currently, I can see him winning personally because Battleground isn't the major pay per view it's SummerSlam. But, personally he is a great wrestler, his image doesn't change he has always been a baby face. WWE tried heel but didn't work so he is the iconic babyface in WWE. Overall, amazing wrestler, always has the energy, and doesn't show boat as much as he use too.

Roman Reigns

IF JOHN CENA LOST, I would like this guy to win. He is just dominating the WWE lately, his matches have always been hypnotic. He can destroy anyone with the Superman punch and Spear. I like the fact he has the Spear because when Edge left I was thinking "No more spear". But, this wrestler in his move set has learned the spear. Maybe, WWE are trying to make this guy into an Edge but a more modern Edge. 

Randy Orton

I like the old Orton, the new one complains a lot  and gets really angry if he isn't the champion. I remember when he was in Evolution with Triple H, Ric Flair and Batista and Legacy with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiasie. And, he is a three generation superstar, his dad was Cowboy Orton we have seem him feud with all kinds of Superstars. At one point he was the Legend Killer, RKO every Legend you can think of Ted DiBiasie, Cowboy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Vince McMahon all kinds of people. He has had matches with great wrestlers John Cena, The Rock, Triple H, Batista, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar and even The Undertaker. His match list goes on and on. Really enjoyable to watch the Viper thou. 

Kane

The younger generation who know Kane today, has been playing Kane since 1997. He is one of the longest running with WWE as well. He has revamp Kane so many times, with or without mask and even wearing a suit. General manager of Raw as well. But, he is more known for being the Brothers of Destruction with his brother The Undertaker. These two together, were unstoppable. They were awe inspiring to watch together, there double team moves alone was something to watch. Solo, he portrays this dark demon and ruthless at that one. And, he also an 18 time champion as well.

Performance
Going to keep it short, was really enjoyable and was worth watching. The 2 counts was really good as well, the wrestlers were on there toes for this match.

What's The Bottom Line With WWE Battleground?
I give this a 8 out of 10. Lots of energy, twists and great performances all round. So, bottom line isn't a Wrestlemania atmosphere or epic matches but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment