Wednesday 13 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line With Frankie And Benny's At Ashton Under Lyne?

Frankie and Benny'sLunch Meal on 13th August 2014Location: Ashton Under Lyne


We ordered the following, and I will add the pictures of what the meal should of looked like and I will be giving a very harsh and critical review of the meal itself and why I really didn't enjoy the meal.
Frankie and Benny's Spaghetti Oceana (Myself)
Spaghetti tossed in our Neapolitan tomato sauce with large prawns, and fresh garlic. Served with our delicious zesty dressed salad.

Before I say anything. I am only being critical on this meal mainly because of my dish. See the description to me that sounds GREAT! BUT, when it came out....oh my! The sauce was so liquid and runny I could of gone swimming in it. The pasta was cooked but it was so cold that I thought the prawns will be hot! Wrong! I love the description when it says "fresh garlic" .... the prawns tasted as if it was just out of the freezer. No way, they were fresh I know because when I took a bite from one prawn it was like I was in the North Pole having an ice cream. It was that cold. And, I don't stop there! The delicious zesty dressed salad was WAY to over powering there was sooo much dressing on that salad I could of taken it dancing! And, since the sauce was so runny the dressing from the salad was pouring into my tomato sauce which made it zingy and vinegary. 

Hawaiian Pizza
Served with slices of ham and fresh pineapple, a real classic!

My dad said that he enjoyed the pizza. But, my mom and I both agree the ammount of pineapple and ham was quite limited on the pizza. And, the pizza I saw didn't have ground crispy edges like you see in the picture above. It looked just about done. 
Hand Battered Fish, Chips and Peas
Our prime fillet of cod, in a light golden beer batter. Served with peas, house fries, tartare sauce and a lemon wedge. If you would like salad instead of peas, just ask your server.

Now what could go wrong with this? It sounds amazing! Well, when it got to my mom it appeared as if the fish was eaten and ripped apart by a savage dog! Not even kidding. It appeared to be fried on a grill because you clearly see the grill marks. It even says in the description 'light golden beer batter'. I tasted the fish and it was well over cooked it was so over cooked the fire department might have to put it out because it was on the grill that long. The tartare sauce looked like something from a science fiction movie it looked like it would kill on sight like a forbidden alien from outer space.  

The next lots was the desserts and I don't have desserts but am going to briefly summarise it. It looked cheap. Dad had ice cream three lots I think and the portions were small in this huge ice cream glass and my mom had a chocolate brownie with what appeared to be cream. My mom didn't like it. From the look of it, it looked abit bland and looks abit beaten! Just asked why, my mom was suppose to have a warm brownie with ice cream. So, you have best of both worlds! WRONG! Brownie was cold....and if you look at the description it even says Warm Brownie!

Bottom Line?
It came to 39 pounds, I would maybe spend 15 pounds because the pizza sounded alright to my dad. But, I paid for it because it's done. Not coming again. The service was semi-slow it was busy but a chef should know when food is hot at least! And, the fact that the main thing good was the service waiters were friendly and they get your order and drinks right. If they got it wrong, all the time. This blog would be like 10 pages can't stand waiters messing up orders. Bottom Line? -breath- Don't go Ashton Under Lyne Frankie and Benny's if it's busy and the reason is the food will be cold and disastrous. Unless you like, cold food and torn apart fish! And that's the bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment