Monday 18 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Gabriel Iglesias?

Gabriel Iglesias

Am Not Fat Am Fluffy!

Who's Fluffy? 


You know what I first saw Gabriel Iglesias or as he is know for as 'fluffy' I saw him in America on American Netflix and I saw him. I was really surprised how laid back the comedian is to get into. It's something anyone and anybody can relate to. It's not like Chris Rock with his black comedy. Gabriel Iglesias uses general comedy that happens to people and the fact he uses voices which is what I did in some stand up, that's what he has. And, the fact he uses his 'fluffy' to his advantage for his comedy. So far, from what I know he has done three specials which can be watched on YouTube and Netflix if it is still there I'm Not Fat... I'm Fluffy (2009), Aloha Fluffy (2013) and We Luv Fluffy (2009). But, I didn't know he was on Nickelodeon on the program called 'All That'. PLUS, I tell you something he is the most genuine stand up I know he wouldn't care if you go up to him for an autograph. He actually put his stand up on YouTube because he wanted us to enjoy his stand up. Plus, in his stand up he says he does this off stage....so what you see is what you get!

So, He Just Does Voices?


Right, he isn't the next Jeff Dunham... He talks about his experiences and his life. The voices he does is the people in his life that he has met. He does the typical African American woman, the Mexicans, his mother, his girlfriend, Frankie (his step-son), stereotypical voices like British, Norway, German it goes on and on. He is very very creative with his stories and his experience. His jokes are really funny, and quite realistic. The stories are believable. Plus, just search on YouTube some of his clips and watch a few minutes because I just feel so much happier watching him I feel ill today and he made me better. No joke. He just makes you feel good, like a comedian should be! Some comedians I find way to crude or....just how have they got this job?!?! BUT, I will say Gabriel Iglesias sometimes get serious but makes it funny. It's just brilliant his voices are very spectacular.

So, Fluffy Just Does Stand Up?

Awwww, hell no! He is in the Disney film 'Planes', he's in the newest film of The Nut Job, Magic Mike, My Wife and Kids and even Family Guy. His voices are really great, I would say better than Jeff Dunham. During the specials, we discover that he travels and I have learned more about other cultures from this guy. Like shoots and roger that in Hawaii is yes. But, he has been in lots of things that people wouldn't link unless you see his stand up. I recognize him in Planes because the voice is very familiar to his stand up. But, his acting is fantastic I purposely searched for the My Wife and Kids episode for what he did in that. And, he played....haha am sorry a chef in a Chinese restaurant and the Dad didn't like that. I wonder why? A Mexican cooking Chinese food in a Chinese restaurant to me alone is funny. I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT HAPPEN on television or in real life. Because, it's just random....and Gabriel Iglesias was sooo funny for those few minutes!

Why Should I Give Fluffy Ago?


Gonna be honest, Fluffy 'Gabriel Iglesias' is just a genuine person and you can relate to the situations or you can actually see it happening. For example, his stand up he explains it simple and quick and he paints a great picture so visually it's just absolutely spot on and with the voices it's like your seeing different people on stage and not just Gabriel Iglesias. I would highly recommend this stand up comedian to anyone. He reminds me of Whoopi Goldberg's stand up but more modern and much more fun to watch. This would even be suitable for like kids over the age of like 7/8 because there's no swearing and he mutes it or mimes it so the kids won't know. I give this guy a 10 out of 10 none of his jokes was like "Meh" all of his jokes are soooo funny. He even explains some stuff to people who don't understand stuff. For example, El Paso food I don't know what it was until Gabriel Iglesias explained it which is nice. Because, Chris Rock doesn't explain some of his material unless you know the area or even Jeff Dunham he explains so much and then some bits you're just like...I don't get it. Because, he either missed stuff. BUT, one thing I like about Gabriel Iglesias... IT FLOWS! It doesn't seemed scripted which is brilliant because with Jeff Dunham each puppet that's his layout. Gabriel's performance flows that much you don't know when it is gonna end unless you look how long it's on for.

Some of His Jokes

The Five Levels Of Fat!
"The original five levels are Big, Healthy, Husky, Fluffy, and DAMN! People ask, "What could be bigger than DAMN!" The new level's called "OH HELL NO!" What's the difference? You're still willing to work with level five. Example, if you're on an elevator and you're with your friend and this really big guy gets on and you and your friend look at each other and you're like, "DAAAMN!" But you still let the big guy ride your elevator. That's the difference. Level six, you see walking towards your elevator, [Deep groaning noise] [Pretends to be a shocked passenger and starts pushing the "close door" button.] "OH HELL NO!" [Groan] "NO!!" [Groan] "NO!!" [Pretends to kick the fat man out] That's the difference. The guy that I met was six foot eight, six hundred and fourteen pounds. Uh-huh, OH HELL NO!! And he was offended at my show. Not by anything that I said, but because of the fact that now at the shows I started selling T-shirts and apparently, I didn't have his size. Keep in mind, I go all the way up to five X on the T-shirts and he was like, [Exhausted voice] "You don't have my size." I was like, "Dude, I didn't know they made you! I have up to five X, I don't have [Groan] X!" A picture of a dinosaur on the back of the tag, you know?"

If that didn't paint a picture here is a link for his clips from a website I found: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/15/gabriel-iglesias_jokes_n_5588577.html


Here's one of the full specials I found on YouTube, please watch it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. 

Bottom Line?


Look here guys and gals, he is truly a BRILLIANT comedian. He is one of my favourites please please if you can't watch the special above. Try YouTube it's there and if you don't fancy a 1 hour and something! try a clip. 

Links to find out more about Gabriel Iglesias;

The official site of Gabriel Iglesias: http://fluffyguy.com/
His IMDB page, honestly check out what he has done: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0407101/

No comments:

Post a Comment