Sunday 10 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Mr. Bean's Holiday?


Mr. Bean's Holiday (2007)


Starring Rowan Atkinson (Rat Race and Johnny English), Willern Dafoe (Spider Man and Finding Nemo) and Steve Pemberton (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Benidorm)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film


I really enjoy Mr. Bean, I went into a little background of Rowan Atkinson and watched some of the interviews and his stand up (that isn't Mr. Bean) and honestly he is quite a serious and intelligent person. Then, seeing him do films like Mr. Bean, Rat Race and off course Johnny English shows that he can act and Mr. Bean is something we will remember him for. Plus, I LOVED the Mr. Bean TV show it was simple and funny and then you got the animated series which isn't as good but it had the child atmosphere that Mr. Bean portrays. When, I heard the title Mr. Bean's Holiday....well we know BEAN was about whistlers mother which was one of the BEST Mr. Bean in general I have seen. The acting was brilliant, the cast was just phenomenal and well characterised. Plus, Iooked briefly at the cast and Willern Dafoe is in it whom played Green Goblin in Spider Man and he acted really well in that film. So, I was excited and really looking forward to this film. Eeeeeek!


After I Watched The Film?


One comment on the IMDB page was "I don't understand why there's so many bad comments for this film I loved it!". I can't agree with that person. They really made Mr. Bean's comedy very low. I didn't feel I was watching one of his movies more someone else's film. I felt the comedy was lacking, the storyline was just too basic for the viewers to see. There wasn't really any Bean moments, it was very basic. I really hated this movie and the fact I saw some trivia that instead of France they were ORIGINALLY gonna do it in Australia! That would be more funny! I can imagine Mr. Bean getting beaten up by a kangaroo or looses his key in the sack of a kangaroo or something! This film lacked so much more than comedy. It lacked acting, it lacked punch lines. I personally, didn't enjoy this film because of how they re-created Mr. Bean. I saw a different Bean which I wasn't fond off. And, I believe that this Bean film has been ranked the worst Bean footage ever to been made from the franchise.

If They Do Another Bean What Should They Do?

I would like to see a few things happen with Mr. Bean. I have a few thoughts, 1. Mr. Bean's Hooneymoon! We see that woman in the TV show and the animated series and they are dating. Well, why not at one point we see Mr. Bean pop the question in a film and they get married and we see the honeymoon. Because, since Mr. Bean is so childish and 'immature' shall we say I don't think it will be a romantic wedding or honeymoon. I can even picture it being like a bouncy castle, with a clown or cowboy there. Something to consider maybe? When, we see Mr. Bean and picture a wedding? I can see him splitting his pants, losing the wedding ring, reading out his shopping list then his vows. It can go on. 2. Mr. Bean's Bad Days (bad title I know) we never actually see Mr. Bean work....I have seen him buy things, and we know from a film he worked in the art museum. BUT, maybe he runs a business? I can see lots of comedy there, mistaking deliveries, spoiling packaging. I dunno, but I do feel this film shouldn't of been made. It's stuff we have seen before but the hooneymoon one would be very interesting to see because we are at a point where Mr. Bean could consider that..



So, What's The Bottom Line?


You know what, if it's the only thing on I still WOULDN'T watch it and for a Bean fan that's sad to say. That's the bottom line.

Tips If Watching The Film?



  1. My only tip would be that if you want a film you don't think or care about, enjoy because I really couldn't stand this film. 

My Rankings


Well, IMDB users all together have rated this a 6. And, I rated this 3 simply because Rowan Atkinson was medium for me in the film, the acting was dull and the storyline plain.



Here is the IMDB page to find out more about Mr. Bean's Holiday: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0453451/?ref_=nv_sr_1

No comments:

Post a Comment