Saturday 16 August 2014

Bottom Line With Weatherspoons Breakfast in Hyde?

Weatherspoons  

Breakfast Meal on 16th August 2014

Location: Hyde


 

Traditional Breakfast 

(Fried Egg, Bacon, Sausage, Baked Beans, Hash Browns, Tomato and Two Slices of Toast)

This is what Weatherspoons Traditional Breakfast should look like. This is what I ordered when I finished a bit of shopping during the early morning. What can I say, a good meal starts the day but this was not the start of my good day! Look at that egg in the picture, perfect dipping to be made.....Mine was very very over cooked and who can over cook an egg! Well, this Wetherspoon can! It was so over cooked it was dressed with the skin of the egg on top from the pan and it wasn't a dunk able egg it was so over done I could of spreded it on my toast. But, I knew that this MIGHT of been how the chef liked there eggs. So, I went to the bacon.....it was so dry I felt as if Paris Hilton was sunbathing outside and then using sunbeds! It was just cooked it wasn't crispy and it was dry! I hate dry bacon. So, I decided to dunk abit into my beans....the sauce was cold and the beans were like bullets and rough, it's like a hit and run and as quick because they weren't cooked. So, I have one over cooked egg and cold baked bean sauce and yet hard bake beans! What could go wrong next? Well, luckily not much because the sausage was done spot on it was hot and the meal was fabulous! Really enjoyed that with some red ketchup. And, my hash browns were soo good that when my knife cut into it, it just fell apart! However, I would of liked it slightly crispier to get the crunch. My toast was quite dry and plain but had the butter to compensate. But, under cooked beans....over cooked egg? It's very easy to get it right and it wasn't busy so am quite confused why my food was slightly wrong. However, the waitress did ask if it was okay but was I really gonna send back an overcooked egg and under cooked bean sauce with hard beans? Nahh, but I did feel as the service was pleasant she did ask me twice which I thought was nice. But, I did feel she must of known that the egg was over done and beans cold if she asked me twice. But, was good. BUT, I didn't like when I ordered my drink. I asked for a large Pepsi because it's not even noon yet and the bartender gave me a lime without asking me if I did or didn't want one. But, out of 10 I would give this breakfast a 5 and that's because of very basic mistakes. 

What's The Bottom Line?

Well.....if you like over cooked beans and cold sauce or an over cooked egg on your Sunday mornings give it a go. But, my parents did like the pancakes and the bacon bap so I just wouldn't have the traditional breakfast or just ask for the certain things they can cook! It says on the menu a Posh Company Pub (I Think) well then posh people must like there eggs over cooked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment