Monday 25 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Music?

Music? What Happens If It Never Existed?


Introduction

This blog...is about music. Funny enough....and it's not looking at any artists, creators or masters. I am looking at the very idea of just music. And, what music does to us as humanity. But, also looking at the end of how I would sum up music.

What Music Does To Our Brains! No, It's Not Brainwashing....

Time. Right think about it, when I go to the doctors or hospital I listen to music and it feels like it doesn't take that long or I've not been there long. But, in reality it has been. That's because music changes our abilities of how we perceive time. Plus, when I think about it places that play music you don't think your there for a long time so like when you shop. So, HMV play music and I don't feel am there for a long time because music is acquiring that time so I take my time because of the music. MAKES YOU STRONGER! No, it's not Taylor Swift time but it makes you stronger. When we go doing our runs, music actually helps us to keep up with the music and mentally music is a fantastic way of memories as well it helps repair damage brain cells. If you want to link this to a film...Rise of the Planet of the Apes uses music as an example to help people with memory loss. Music can re-connect or re-image an event or memory in our brains from a past event. Plus, when we hear happy or sad music we see others are being that as well through neutral faces. But, the one I like the most about music is that with ambient noise it helps us become more creative. And, with music we can determine our personality our identities which usually occurs. I found somewhere that would break this down for all of us to understand:

  • Blues fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease
  • Jazz fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing and at ease
  • Classical msuic fans have high self-esteem, are creative, introvert and at ease
  • Rap fans have high self-esteem and are out going
  • Opera fans have high self-esteem, are creative and gentle
  • Country and western fans are hardworking and outgoing
  • Reggae fans have high self-esteem, are creative, not hard working, out going, gentle and at ease
  • Dance fans are creative and outgoing but not gentle
  • Indie fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard working, and not gentle
  • Bollywood fans are creative and outgoing
  • Rock/Heavy metal fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard working, not outgoing, gentle and at east
  • Chart pop fans have high self-esteem, are hardworking, outgoing, gentle, but are not creative and not at ease. 
  • Soul fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease. 
This is a scientist research findings, I don't agree with some of it. But, if you drive and listen to music a study shown that they make more mistakes, drive more aggressively and to be safer in the car if you want to listen to music you listen to something unfamiliar and unusual to your ears. AND, finally on the brain and interesting fact from a small study that if you listen to classical, instrumental music visually you give visual sites of what you see mainly more attention....No wonder Sherlock listened to opera all the time! 

Seven Ways Where Music Effects The Body?



  1. Repairs Brain Damage (been there about that)
  2. Gets rid of an addiction
  3. Boosts your immune system
  4. Prevent seizures
  5. Return Lost Memories (mentioned that)
  6. Increases Spatial Reasoning
  7. Cure Parkinsons?

(2) I can understand that, I have seen people when listening to music helps them quit smoking for example, because there main core is concentrating to the music or mellowing out to the music. So, I can see music helping quit an addiction because it helps us to keep going because of the inspirational words in music, or the tempo of the music. 
(3) I couldn't find the factors in this but some studies show it is possible because of how music makes you feel. 
(4) Mozart anybody? That's one of the musicians that can help us stop getting seizures if you listen to it for the first five minutes. It works I THINK on like 5% of us but it's an interesting factor to consider. 
(7) I looked abit at this, and I would actually search this yourself because I found it quite interesting to read and an example that I found nice is, when you notice in your room when you listen to music your foot taps or your head moves left to right ya know?


Music Has Soul Power!


"Music is unquestionably a powerful force. The human race couldn't really survive without it because of the great effect it has upon us. It influences the individual, the home, the community, the nation and the entire world. I would challenge you in saying that the most influential leaders are not the politicians and the royal families, but it is really the music artists that are leading the world. But that's another argument."

This was just a snippet from this website http://kingdomatic.hubpages.com/hub/The-Power-of-Music-On-The-Human-Soul PLEASE check it out because it's so deep and spiritual it really makes you think. But, Music has Soul Power? No, it's not an 80s song but think about it. When we listen to feel good songs, we feel good so maybe music does have this spirituality about it. The karma and destiny when we feel like a certain type of music we pick that music and its boosts are emotions or in this case are soul.


What Does Music Mean To You?


Found some of these answers online and I have to say that they are actually quite good ones when defining what is music to us:

"Music is one of, if not the most important aspect of my life."
"Music is how I relate myself to the world."
"Music means the world to me. It makes me think about how it relates to life and I love the beats."
"Music is a way to express yourself, keep you company while you're alone, and always give you something to do."
"Music is everything, without music there is no purpose to a lot of stuff."
"Music is a way to express yourself and your feelings. It's something that I can go to whenever I need it."
"Music is a way to express feelings that might be hard to express otherwise."
"Music to me is a source of stress relief. It helps me calm down or just to relax, on a bad day. But on a good day, music helps me get through the day,"
"Music is a way of expressing me and being able to relate to other people."
"It can personify emotions in life if written well."
"Music is a source of inspiration and expression."
"Music wakes me up, gets me going, and is a way to add some more awesomeness to every day."
"Explains things when words fail; Music speaks."

How Would I Define Music? 


I would say, Music is a universal language we do or don't need to understand it but we feel through music. We feel mixture or neutral emotions and Music states what kind of people we are. Music has a play button, but we choose when to skip, rewind or change. Music is quite close to humans. Music changes when we change in our personality, music adapts, music has different moods. Music can be as bright as the sun or as darkening as the sky at night. Music can be a silly song or a happy song. Music doesn't have to be lyrical or instrumental, only to be heard or forever lost. Therefore, music is alive and can die when we stop listening. And, that's music.

Bottom Line?


Personally, I like a whole range of music. I like experimental music, popular music, instrumental music. But, everybody is different therefore music is portrayed differently to each individual, so music means different things to different people. Like, some people don't like Miley Cyrus and some people do. And, that's the bottom line, not the Miley Cyrus bit more the individuality bit.

If you wanna join the group, THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment