Monday 25 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Captain America: The Winter Solider?


Captain America: The Winter Solider (2014)


Starring Chris Evans (Fantastic Four and Avengers Assemble), Samuel L. Jackson (Pulp Fiction and The Incredibles), Scarlett Johansson (Lost in Translation and Lucy) Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker and Real Steel) and Sebastian Stan (Black Swan and Captain America: The First Avenger)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


I love Marvel films, I am actually quite interested in how Captain America behaves with Shield and Nick Fury because there's always that tension with them. Considering, Steve Rogers is working with a completely new modern age law enforcement. Plus, am interested to see if Black Widow and Captain America's relationship is going to go up a bit. Because, if you see in the comics, past cartoon films they are actually an item and have a kid! Plus, I was looking at the cast and I never heard of The Winter Solider... I know right, I love Marvel and I try to understand as much villains as I can. But, where villains are in Marvel I go into Spider Man a bit more, Iron Man and the Hulk. But, I have never come across the Winter Solider so am looking forward to him and his costume too. Anthony Mackie plays Falcon in the film which am really excited about I remember seeing the Falcon in a TV Cartoon series of I think The Incredible Hulk or the cartoon series of Captain America. Plus, am actually looking forward to see if Nick Fury has any action in the film as well because all we have seen is the simple stands and shoots.

After I Watched The Film?

I love this film. It explains the situations between how Captain America feels for Shield, his life and what he wants to do. We see new faces like The Falcon and The Head of Shield and we also see old faces like Black Widow and Nick Fury. I quite like this film because it shows how Shield is actually like it's own government. Plus, we get to see a really old villain which I won't mention whom we see before which was nice to see. As well, I like the fighting and the gun action in the film and how complex it would of have to be to get it spot on. I like how we actually see Nick Fury as a proper spy with the guns and we get to see something awesome from him! Plus, we actually see Falcon for the first time I THINK, I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet because I nod off at the beginning! But, it's nice seeing Falcon in a film. And, we also see Black Widow not only as a spy that we know her from the Avengers Assemble we see her doing her spy work, her fighting skills. Black Widow herself is a mystery because we don't really know her, which is why am looking forward in seeing 'Black Widow' in the next few years to discover more about her. Plus, I like this film as well because there is twists and turns and it's not just Captain America The Winter Solider, a Marvel action film....it's much more than that. It demonstrates the Marvel Universe and how in certain environments it can change and alter.

Was This A Good Sequel?

As we know, the first film was more about setting up the character and the story of Captain America. So, could this be a good sequel to the first one? Honestly, I find it better! We see Captain America more in action, more him as Captain America of how we are use to seeing him. Yes, in the first film we had a HUGE villain. But, this film does have it's villains too. I think it's a great equal to the first film. I would of thought they be more spy work, but was made up by more action packed scenes which I liked. Overall, I would say it's an equal drawn to the first film. Great sequel, highly recommend it to the Marvel fans. AND, I do think Chris Evans does play an excellent Captain America then a Human Torch.

So, What's The Bottom Line?

If you like Captain America, Nick Fury, Black Widow and all the Marvel universe in general with those Stan Lee cameos I would say....Must watch, and that's the bottom line right there.

Tips If Watching The Film?


  1. Stan Lee's cameo was just hilarious! 
  2. Actually watch the film and think when it's done what more could there be? There is already talk about Captain America 3 it's set! So, think what's next? 
  3. Always, watch the Easter Eggs at the end...really opens to what's next.
  4. Didn't 3 just answer 2? Hmmm....

My Rankings

IMDB users all together, have rated this film a solid 8 for great, I would go that tiny step further for a 9. Simply because, I felt like this film needed something else. More spy stuff, more creativity maybe in some fighting scenes. But, overall a fantastic Marvel film.

Here is the trailer:
Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843866/

If you want to join our facebook group 'THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE' to continue keeping up to date with the blogs, and funny questions please click on the link below.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment