Sunday 24 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line on The New Doctor Peter Capaldi?

What Do I Think of Peter Capaldi as THE DOCTOR?

Introduction


I will be giving an overall review of the premier of 'Deep Breath' and also giving my opinions on the first appearance of Peter Capaldi playing the Doctor. Plus, looking at the good and the bad because when I woke up on Facebook some people were praising it whilst some others were saying how rubbish it was. Personally, I found the episode truly remarkable to watch and you'll know the reasons why later.


What Did I Thought Of The Episode?


I saw some people didn't like how Doctor Who is becoming. However, I liked how this Doctor Who episode goes back and I like how the Doctor is portrayed in this episode. He still is funny, serious, intelligent and witty but we see him as an older generation then being younger and he has a great sort of persona that he portrays as well. I actually quite like, how the episode went back to some of his older episodes like the villains we know who they are, I kinda knew when I saw the villains that they look familiar as well. Plus, the doctor we have seen similar to a past doctor if you remember, which I'll mention later. But, I have to say Peter Capaldi has started something wonderful lets see if he will finish it the same way. I like as well, how we saw the three companions as well Strax, Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint I think we will see them again I hope. Almost forgot, I actually quite like the new opening as well it is a lot more up to date I did like the whole time vortex but making it more Peter Capaldi showing that ancient look really shows in the opening title I thought with the clocks.

Who Does He Remind Me Of?

Am gonna be honest, Peter Capaldi reminded me of a more relaxed and up to date of the 6th Doctor, Colin Baker. Think about, Colin Baker's doctor had some memory trouble. However, he wasn't extremely popular because of his over seriousness at the beginning. However, Peter Capaldi reminds me a bit of him from the memory problems. Then, we have his sense of humour which to me is a between of David Tennant and Matt Smith's comedy wittiness. But, on reflection he has some Tom Baker in there. There was a moment where he was translating in bed, and his serious, relaxed tone reminded me a bit of him. So, Peter Capaldi to me is a new doctor all together with just attributes from similar Doctor Who from the past.




The Doctor's New Attire


It's quite similar to the very first one, got rid of the scarves, umbrellas and canes and just gone way back but made it much more sharper and much more modern. We see the blazer, similar to the first one just with more style. The boots are similar to the 9th Doctor Christopher Eccleston and it suits Peter Capaldi as well. If we say Matt Smith's attire or David Tennant's attire on Peter Capaldi it just won't suit him really. So, having a completely separate attire to the well recent doctors like John Hurt (War Doctor and 9th), Christopher Eccelston (10th) David Tennant (11th) and Matt Smith (12th) it just makes it more modern and suitable I think. Plus, we still discovering Peter Capaldi his attire suggest this sad, darkness about him and this more knowledgeable Doctor even thou he is abit memory lost.

What Episodes Are There To See Next?


2nd Episode - Into the Dalek
3rd Episode - Robot of Sherwood
4th Episode - Listen
5th Episode- Time Heist
6th Episode - The Caretaker
7th Episode - Kill the Moon
8th Episode- Mummy on the Orient Express
9th Episode- Flatline
10th Episode- In the Forest of the Night
11th Episode - Dark Water
12th Episode - Death in Heaven

Those are the series 8th episode list. And, am interested already in what could and might happen in them all.
What we know is that we have Darleks next week woo, I have heard that the Master might be in it but I have looked and that's just a rumour it's no where near confirmed. Plus, Cybermen should be along the way because there was pictures taken with the Doctor whilst filming and there was a Cyberman behind him. Then, the titles suggest loads of things! The Caretaker rings a bell but don't know why. I think we will see Robin Hood in Robot of Sherwood just suggests that in the title. And, I can see the final episode Death in Heaven being really interesting because of how the first episode sets it up.

Overall?

I would say the first episode has really started the series off well. We kinda getting to know the new Doctor and how the companion feels about this new Doctor. But, I never make a opinion on the Doctor until a whole series is finished because it's fair then. When you watch 12 episodes of the newest Doctor you kinda know what he will and won't do at that stage. But, Peter Capaldi's Doctor surprised me with a few things in the first appearance of his first episode. It's a doctor we don't know at all, he has changed so am looking forward to it.

Bottom Line?

Give Peter Capaldi a chance, we all hated David Tennant or Matt Smith to begin with BUT as time goes on we accept them as the new Doctor. Either as a great Doctor or hmm custard and fish fingers are still my favourite. And, that's the bottom line.

If you want to follow the Facebook group, THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE join here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment