Wednesday 13 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line With Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes?


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Starring Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises), Ken Russell (August Rush) and Andy Serkis (Lord of the Rings)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


Well, I like doing my research and I completely forgot that Caesar is played by Andy Serkis whom is also Gollum in Lord of the Rings! But, I didn't look at what the film is about because I like surprises when I go and see a film. Since in the title we have 'Dawn' of the planet of the apes. I was thinking that this is the very very beginning of how we are use to seeing Planet of the Apes of humans being slaves and apes being the main rulers. But, I had heard that Caesar (Andy Serkis) the performance is Oscar worthy which is very interesting considering it's all CGI and not an actual actor, like your not seeing Andy Serkis, you are seeing Andy Serkis portraying through technology as an Ape.

After I Watched The Film?


The film itself was a solid award winning film to me. We have a lot of politics if you watch closer and a lot of dispute with apes and humans. But, something that I was shocked at which isn't really a spoiler but it's more of how it ended that made me think. But, I am not one to do spoilers more what the film did for me. I like how the Apes communication skills and how they cope without the humans is interesting. We see how they have adapted and we hear certain people commenting on the apes environment. I am annoyed at the fact that half the human population is destroyed from a virus! I mean, I know that upset a lot of people but it wasn't something major!. I liked all the Apes, when the film was playing we understand them abit more and how things are run. But, visually stunning effects. I keep remembering of Caesar in the past as this God ape from the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes. This was all the way back to 2001, and I was shocked that this film still doesn't have those apes in the film. I was surprised that the apes didn't wear clothes still or the fact that they look like those apes maybe that's in like 100 years or so. But, I thought this film would have them becoming more human then ape. BUT, I was so wrong this film really demonstrates ape behaviour and how they are quite similar to humans. Plus, I do like the fact we see more character apes in this film and the actors like Gary Oldman and Jason Clark really made this film believable and realistic to balance out the CGI technology too.

Is There Going To Be Another One?

How the film ended, I can see maybe two more films. BUT, I really want the next one to be a 15. I liked the film and it's a 12A but don't bring babies to this film or 4/6 year old's it demonstrates slavery, there's slight strong language and am not being funny they might get nightmares if they don't understand it's a film. I can see the next one being more of what we see in Tim Burton.  SPOILER: We know that they need to go to war now, so this might be where the body guard suits are and how they were clothes to protect themselves from the humans. SPOILER ENDED. However, in the film we see something that made me think that humans are now slaves. But, didn't happen so maybe in the next film we see the apes instead of killing humans they enslave them that's why I think 15 would be more suitable because of the whole slavery. Let's see the apes really punish the humans how they should be of what they have done. But, another theory is that the humans surrender if they agree with the apes on certain conditions. I dunno it's confusing I know but you know when you see the film. I would like the next film to have the picture above thou. Because, we know apes rule over humans we just haven't seen the transition yet.

So, What's The Bottom Line?

Ape home, Human home! It is a brilliant film to see and if you liked the first one from this you'll enjoy this slightly more but not much more. That's the bottom line.

Tips If Watching The Film?


  1. My only tip is really what Andy Serkis's performance and think is it Oscar worthy. Because, we have lots of huge celebrities that don't have Oscar's so why does Andy Serkis deserve an Oscar for being Caesar? We'll see. Personally, I think it's award winning the whole film and maybe Oscar winning too. 

My Rankings


IMDB users overall have ranked this film a 8.1 and I rated this an 8 too. I think some bits weren't needed in the film and that some of the apes needed more within the films and see more of the community then Caesar. Overall, it's a good film to watch if you have the time too.

IMDB Website To Find Out More: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2103281/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 

And I thought a treat, see how they become an ape: 

No comments:

Post a Comment