Monday 11 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line With My Top 10 Favourite Spotify Songs So Say Spotify

My Favourite Top 10 Songs From Spotify Say Spotify

Spotify Thinks It's These


1. Everytime - Acoustic by Shane Filan

What's annoying me about this rank is the fact that I have no where close listened to this song as much as the other songs I have on that playlist. I have playlists, lots of playlist and I think Spotify thinks this is number 1 simply because I listen to a certain point in the playlist on Spotify and it crosses it. Don't get me wrong! Shane Filan singing Everytime is quite relaxing and very reflective really. I listen to him when am travelling mainly because it just mellows me out. Plus, the song itself is quite catchy not in the rhyming sense but more the music itself. I KNOW the song is suppose to be romantic and "Aww" but am into some of them songs. He has a good voice I think anyway and I discovered him through an amazing friend called 'Emma' when I got in her car and the....hmmm lets say company went out for a meal. And, it just makes me happy listening to this song and thinking back to that day! It's crazy music can do that to us go back to a day where we first heard it. 

2. The Monster by Eminem 

OK. I can see why for this song because I have been listening to it ALOT and I mean ALOT but no where near enough to the other songs I listen too. I like Eminem and Rihanna in this song. I like there songs they do together especially Love The Way You Lie. I like how they bounce of each other and you can tell in the music videos, the song and them two together you can tell they really try and work hard for there music to sound good and making it popular. Plus, like the lyrics in the song and I watched the music video recently I rarely watch them but I like the story that they told through the music video similar to there Love The Way You Lie. But, I wouldn't rank it number 2 at the most maybe 12 or 11. But, not one of my personal top ten songs.

3. Walks Like Rihanna by The Wanted

Honestly. Can't explain why Spotify picked this. I rarely listen to it, throughout my playlist I cruise by songs. However, I do like The Wanted songs especially this one it's catchy and I can see the popularity for this song. However, I would never rate this my top 10 not even top 20! Which is quite worrying Spotify.

4. My Way by Frank Sinatra

Well, this song does has lots of meaning to me. It was played at my Grandad's funeral so I do go back to it to remind me of him and WELL not that day clearly! But, just to know the past where we had fun and I generally like Frank Sinatra especially New York, New York. But, I wouldn't rank it near my favourite because it's not my cup of tea hitting the top 20 or 30. But, it will be somewhere above 40 but not in this top 10. Maybe, that's why Spotify thinks it's number 4 simply because I listen to it when I want to remember my Grandad.

5. Wobble by V.I.C

If you have no idea what this song is. It's my JAM! Okay Spotify, I will give you this for finding a song I really like. HOWEVER, out of all the songs like this I would of liked Cupid Shuffle that's my new Jam. Wobble I would casually listen to now but not my favourite. I do like the artwork that went into it just simple and straight to the point.

6. Talk Dirty - feat 2 Chainz

Wouldn't rank it top 10 but above 20. It's catchy and popular and the artwork is good however it's just not my top 10. Am sorry, am into this type of music very funky and driving but I just wouldn't listed it top 10. Main reason this is top 10 probably is because it was on a lot in university when the parities was on.

7. Can't Remember to Forget You by Shakira 

I like Shakira and Rihanna together they should do much more songs I think. This song is really funky and when I say funky I think it's just modern and cool to listen too. Shakira's voice is just awesome I love her in Waka Waka it's truly something to get you in the mood to dance and move about. BUT, again Spotify what you doing? Maybe I rate this about 15 but not my top 10.


8. Do What U Want by Lady Gaga

Right, this song I do like from Lady Gaga. She makes something sound really really bad but makes it to her sound good....if ya know what I mean? Use my body but leave my mind. Shows that no matter what really know one can get to you. Personally, she is very contemporary with her costumes, music, persona she has driven to the music industry. We see something different from her every time which is why I think Miley has changed herself to be like her. THAT'S my personal opinion because for singers to get to the top have to beat what is at top. I rated this below as my NUMBER 2 song that I would listen to all the time. It's catchy, it's funky and it's just very easy to listen too. I have really recently liked Gaga's music especially Applause and this song just makes me happy because it's a really energetic and not appealing but attracting song.  

9. C'Mon by Ke$ha 

I like Ke$ha HOWEVER I wouldn't rank this song no where near 50 maybe near the 100 mark. I have NO IDEA why Spotify thinks this is my top 10 I listen to a lot more songs A LOT more than this song. Yeah, it's an alright song and I'll listen to it when it's on BUT I wouldn't find it. It's catchy and easy to listen to but I wouldn't search to find it. Sorry, that's the truth am quite disappointed with Spotify thinking this.

10. One of These Days by Shane Filan 

One of my favourite songs in the whole album I have to admit. It's catchy and it's very easy get me in a good mood. But, again I wouldn't rank it out of my top 10 maybe top 20. It's really good I find anyway. I know people like screamo but this song is just good for travelling to when your on the road gives that country scenery when your travelling.

My Actual Top 10


1. Someday Out of the Blue by Elton John

This song actually means SOOOO much to me. It's my favourite song from my favourite film called 'The Road To El Dorado'. It was my favourite film for about 5/6 years and still is! This song reminds me of my Grandma because we always watched it together and she really liked this song as well as myself and we watched it near enough every weekend when nothing was on the television and we sat and had food when we watched it. Plus, this song is also personal for other reason it means I can fight through anything and never to give up on certain things as well. The weird thing as well about this song, I don't like Elton John's singing. I only like him in Lion King and that's it. So, finding a song that he sung really close to me and I really enjoy it is quite weird to me.

2. Do What U Want By Lady Gaga


Look above!


3. Rather Be by Clean Bandit (Spotify rated this 14) 

Well, I used this in my Dissertation piece and I find it really relaxing and for me it's quite modern am not usually into techno music background but this would get me dancing up. Which is hard to believe but I really enjoy Clean Bandit's albums and singing. But, I think I got first attracted to them not when they first got played but I saw there album on Spotify and the artwork attracted me to find out more about the band.

4. Something New by Girls Aloud

I accepted this as number 4 because I was torn between this and Woman's World sung by Cher. I went for this simply because it's more energetic and alot more fun to listen too and it changes beats. I have a few Girls Aloud songs but I really enjoy this song simply because it's there newer stuff and they really thought about the song when writing it. Plus, I remember seeing it live somewhere on one of those singing shows maybe it was X Factor but I can't remember so I enjoyed seeing them sing and the dancers involved. It was just enjoyable and I rated it number 4 because personal it gets me in a good mood because of how energetic and fun it is.

5. You've Got Time by Regina Spektor (Theme tune from Orange is the New Black)

I like Regina Spektor's singing in general but I didn't notice till Season 1 was finished that Regina Spektor sings the theme! It's a catchy lyrical song but I enjoy the instruments in the song it's simple and there's not too much going on. The lyrics to me, is quite powerful and when I watch Orange is the New Black and we see the opening of the episode and see the eyes it always NEARLY gets a tear because I feel sad, happy, angry and an emotional roller-coaster because when we travel through the episodes we feel feelings for certain characters. Am gonna end with thou, you can soooo tell am an ex-performing arts guy!

6. Wild Wild Love by Pitbull, G.R.L

I have never heard of G.R.L it does take me a very very very long time to get update with songs but I try to keep ontop with what's hot and what's not. I like how they just speak there music and then Pitbull being Pitbull brings out a more smoother balance to the song. I do like the lyrics but I mainly like the G.R.L it's just really catchy and it seems a lot of emotion they do put in there song for this song. I will be listening to this for a while simply because it always gets me in a good mood.

7. When We're Human from the film The Princess and the Frog

NEW ORLEANS! I like the jazz, the funk, the music, the silliness and the animation in this film and the song alone when I close my eyes I feel like am Baloo from the Jungle Book getting my boogey on. It's just a REALLY happy song. Plsu, this is one song I always listen to when I want to do abit of voice work to get into those characters when am either doing like radiio, stand up or street performances. But, I was torn between this song or Dig A Little Deeper and it was so close. The reason being, was because Ma'ma Oldie (think that's right) in the film reminds me soooo much of my puppet Elimay Denise Jackson and I got some of her characteristic from Ma'ma Oldie so this song and the film itself has created one of my favourite puppets to date and that's Elimay Denise Jackson.

8.Wake Me Up by Avicii

It's my ringtone and my alarm it's just such a fast pace, interesting I think the word I wanna use song. This song just makes me feel like I have the energy to do something and get it done. Since it is quite a well known song now, you can see why. The beating of the drums even makes me clap to the beat whilst am doing something and it can be any time. This song I like having full blast on my headphones simply because it just makes me happy.

9. Joyful Joyful from the film Sister Act 2 Back in the Habit

As I've been ranking these songs I've been listening to them. I have found this on YouTube. The singing is just brillant! I love the film to pieces it's one of the best sequels out there. It's hip, it's funky, it's groovey, it's contemporary with the singing of Joyful Joyful. You do have to remember Whoopi Goldberg turned nun's singing in a church something to talk about and it's not a musical! From film to musical it's a hit. This song starts quite simple like you find in a church and then BOOM VEGAS type! When that bit starts am in the moood to tackle anything and it's just a funky and dancing song. G.O.D I like the rap bits even in it and the solos it's just a perfect song to start the day to wake up too. Am just saddened that I don't hear ANYTHING like this now. I would of thought someone would have, maybe they have and I just haven't discovered them yet but that's the best part about music finding something new all the time.

10. The Plagues from the film The Prince of Egypt (Spotify Rated This 19) 

Random? Yeah I know! It's just really ritualistic, hypnotic and the fact I love hearing the two major singers in this song and I like singing it. I don't know why. I just really enjoy this song to pieces! I know it's an oldish film and it's still well known in the religious circles but I really just enjoy listening to this song whenever I can really. I will search for it and I don't know why.


Overall Opinion 

I know for a fact that Spotify was wrong with choosing my Top 10 and I have told you the public my top 10 of songs right now. But, that's the thing I like about music, your taste can change it's like food one minute hate onions and then you can't get enough of them! It's like that. But, I think it could be some psychological stuff as well like if you were having an argument with your girlfriend, best friend or family member and the song just so happened to be on this new advert. You might not listen to it again because it reminds you of the argument. Then, are music favourites change like the only one I can see sticking with me is the Someday out of the Blue and Joyful Joyful. BUT, the rest can change in an instant. Which is why I like music, it's not like that film you are waiting to come out with music you can discover new music all the time and experience different emotions with different artists/singers. And, I said there artists because they are creating images and emotions when we see a painting or a sculpture just through music. We feel the art through our ears and not with our eyes. Plus, I don't like the fact that Spotify is telling me what is my top 10 music songs that are for me. That should be my opinion and the fact that we humans have different emotions everyday are taste of music will change too for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment