Monday 11 August 2014

The Curse of Mad Eye George by Edward Richards

I won’t start the story with “Once upon a time” because saying this would make the story have a happy ending... But, this tale doesn’t have a happy ending. In fact through the experiences of a simple man called Edmund Inkalick it will scare the very essence of your soul. How do I know this? Because I am Edmund Inkalick and I will share with you my horrific and gruesome story. I used to be a professor of paranormal research. On one occasion, I heard of an immense haunted house called “Man Eye Mansion”. The name of the place came from a retired vicious old pirate called “Mad Eye George”. He had a 26 carat gold eye, a black fuzzy beard and a metal leg replacing a real one which had been bitten off by a deadly white shark in the Caribbean Islands. 200 years ago. He was hanged for his murders, and one of them was that of my great grandfather. Before he had died he had announced;
“You may kill me but can’t protect the ones you love, your CHILDREN!”
I thought that this legend was ludicrous, absolutely ridiculous, until I knew better...

So, I went to the street where the supposedly haunted house was located. I wore my spectacles but one of the lenses had a crack in it. My black scarf looked fabulous, but my dark suit was a little worn out and my top hat was grubby beyond reason. However, my appearance didn’t matter because the street was deserted. I could only hear the howling of the wind whistling through my ears. I opened the gloomy, dark wooden gate ever so gently. I walked very slowly. My heart was going faster and faster as I approached the steps to the house. The mansion had broken windows; the wood of the walls was also cracked. It appeared that the place had been deserted for an awfully long time. When I approached the door there was a sign on it saying just one word:  “BEWARE”. The colour of each letter appeared to be that of blood. The moment I opened the door the word just...vanished. I wondered if I should go in. And I considered whether it was worth being scared as I ever had. Then, I thought “YEAH”. As I entered I saw that all the rooms in the house were empty. There were just cobwebs and huge angry spiders eating the ants to little bits. It reminded me of home!

My disappointment didn’t come to me until I was about to depart, when I heard a strange, ancient voice saying
“LEAVE!”
 I thought it had come from downstairs. So, I went down to the basement. This room had nothing in it except a simple bookshelf. My curiosity overcame me. I saw one of my favourite children’s books there and it appeared to be in first rate first edition condition. The moment I pulled it out the whole room shivered with delight and transformed itself in front of my eyes. I couldn’t believe it: I was standing in the secret cave of Mad Eye George. Beneath my feet was a piece of paper and on it was this symbol ‘O’. A perfect black symbol which according to pirate folklore means whoever holds it will have great riches awaiting them. But surely this was all hogwash?

As I descended into the cave, the voice I kept hearing inside my head was getting louder and louder and angrier. I thought it was my imagination playing tricks on me again, but all of a sudden I felt myself being pulled back towards the top of the stairs. The voice said
“Get back! Turn back now before it’s too late”
Nevertheless, I wanted to know, what was so famous about Mad Eye George? When I got to the bottom there was a door: gloomy, disgusting covered in puss and dark blood with a name plate saying “Captain Mad Eye George”. I smiled and slowly my hand opened the door. Then the name melted into nothingness and vanished.
Now I knew why the cave was so famous. My eyes widened in awe. I felt for a moment that I was dreaming, but I wasn’t. In Mad Eye George’s cave there were treasures beyond imagination: emeralds, rubies, old pirate gold, even a beautiful enchanting 26 carat gold necklace. But the most interesting thing I saw right in front of me was a dusty table, and right in the middle of it was Mad Eye George’s Eye. It was made completely of gold. This must have been worth a fortune now! At first I thought of taking it, to sell it. No one dead would want it especially Mad Eye George so I decided it was not stealing. The moment I touched the eye a vast powerful wind blew into to my warm face. All I did was shiver. I held the eye and looked at it again, but in the reflection of the eye a pirate with a black eye patch said,
“Put it back Demon from hell, or I shall come after you till you die”.
My face dropped. I put the eye in me pocket and ran up the long staircase. Suddenly, when I got half way up the stairs, I saw a shadowy figure with slime coming out of his body. His eye was redder than before and his sharp teeth were ready to bite the very essence of my soul.
“Bring it back!”, he commanded
I ran and ran and when I got to the top I shut the door on Mad Eye’s horrible face and raced out of front of the door. I didn’t turn back, not even once. I couldn’t bear looking at that ghoul staring at me with such evil, such anger.

When I got home all I did was to go straight to be bed. I dreamt of my high school sweetheart and that I was a rich multimillionaire when I kissed the beautiful and stunning girl that I once loved. However, in my dream her lips turned into slime and when I looked at her she melted away. The scene of my nightmare shifted to the docks where there were several old pirate ships. Suddenly, out of the blue...Mad Eyes’s arm lifted me up.
“You have something that doesn’t belong with you. Bring it back what you took or else! , he said
 As he threw me to the ground, I woke up. I couldn’t sleep that night. All I could think was every time I closed my eyes was that gruesome and terrifying image of Mad Eye George.   

As the days went on, I didn’t think about ‘him’. I thought I would go down to the shop but the moment I got out of the house the wind raged and the sky went red. He was looking at me from the very clouds. So, I decided I just didn’t want to be rich. Then I thought of the consequences. What should I do? What I must do?

Later, I put the eye back in its original place in the haunted house. When I was walking home the howling of the wind and the stars that glistened so brightly actually made me feel comfortable and I was amazed that I was still alive! So, all I wanted to do was slumber for maybe 100 or even 200 years. But, I was also hungry. I hadn’t eaten for days. 

Next, I went into my dirty old kitchen with blood stains on the wall, gloomy corners, cobwebs the size of footballs and the spiders twice that size! Suddenly out of nowhere, on the kitchen shelf a laughing skull appeared cackling with insanity, his gloomy green eyes staring at me. Then, my eyes wandered the room and my heart raced like mad. I felt death was all around me, which in a way it was. On the kitchen chair was a skeleton wearing an old pirate costume with medals and all over the clothes blood ran over the floor. In one of his hands was a black symbol and in the other a red, dark glowing dagger was pointing right at me. I felt more of the sense of death upon me. So, all I could do was run far, far away into the street. I shouted as loud as I could:
“Help! God Almighty, god of thunder please help me the demons of the hell has opened the doors and want me to be dead. Please God Almighty help me, be my Saviour now!”

“Then what did you do?”
Yes, I was in the asylum. My doctor was Frogenick Haworth who has those one eye spectacles and has a black bushy beard. He was wearing one of those really expensive suits that looked as costly as my bloody house! One day in my room, I was looking out through the bars on my window and saw him getting in a fast, shiny red hot sports car.
“Did you hear me? What did you do next?”
He wasn’t that kind to me. I never found out why but his appearance always reminded me of Mad Eye George, so I never looked at him straight in the face.
“You know what happened...I called the police and nothing was there but I am not crazy you hear me, I am not!”
The so called ‘DOCTOR’ looked at me with a strange look and a beady smile that said:
“YEAH, right. I would never believe that in a million years”.
He put back his pen and pad in his suit case and said
“See you in another month Edmund, get well soon”.

One year later...

I am Edmund Inkalick and here I rock away in my old chair. In one of my eyes I am fully blind. Quite ironic really because Mad Eye’s left eye was lost in a vicious battle between good and evil all those years ago. As I rock in rhythm all my right eye sees is Mad Eye George in the sky laughing, pointing and shouting at me:
 “The power you thought you had was greed. Power is greed and you know you can’t control that power. Only the evil and wicked people can, not like a pathetic man like you! Ha-ha”.

On December 2nd, 2010. I was certified as mentally insane, but I and I alone know the curse of Mad Eye George. Until, he gains his next victim, he will still haunt me while my life decays into nothingness. I think of suicide, but I don’t want to give Mad Eye the satisfaction of my death.

“Beware the stare of Mad Eye George; He will come when you are done. You will die upon his face, so don’t ever cross his fate."

No comments:

Post a Comment