Sunday 24 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with The Fault In Our Stars



The Fault in Our Stars

Starring Shailene Woodley (Divergent and The Descendants), Ansel Elgort (Divergent and Carrie) and Nat Wolff (Stuck in Love and Palo Alto)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?

All I know about this film is that it's a romance drama am into them now and again. As, a film buff I like to see different kinds of films so I have some knowledge or know how about certain films. Oh, I knew it was a book I notice a lot of books are being turned into films lately and I think that's because Hollywood can't think of an original idea!

After I Watched The Film?

The best acting I have seen in a romance film, this is truly the best romance film in comparable to The Titanic and The Notebook but much more modernised. There's comedy, there's adventure, there's friendship, there's love. Shailene Woodley, is absolutely brilliant in this film her character is strong willed and quite comical. Then, we have Ansel Elgort character and throughout the film we see different sides to him that is really hard for most actors to achieve. Plus, I like how it went from friendship, into lovers it was a nice transaction and this film is quite believable as well. We think, oh they can do this and this and this. But, we discover under certain situations and circumstances they can't. It's like...believable in the couples situations shall we say. It's not your typical average romance, there's lots of meaning behind it and lots of lovey dovey stuff that all those couples out there reading this will make you interested to watch this film. The comedy is flawless in this film, it made me smile not laugh just smile.  


What Makes This Romance Film Different To Others?


They both have problems just like everyone in the whole world. But, the two lovers is medical but it shows that people with illnesses, disabilities and even a teaching degree are people too. They know how to love, they know how to understand everything there human too. It's different because there's nothing really like this out there.! Let's think back there's Notebook, P. S I Love You, Love Actually, Titanic and Love Song BUT there's always the fit sexy male and the slim, attractive female lovers. Not, the actual realistic lovers, ya know? I LOVE this romance film because it's that believable I rarely watch romance films because of the element of the stereotypical appearances of lovers in the films. Finally, in general the film messes with your emotions when you watch it. Like, some moments I was really happy and smiling and then others I was quite emotionally sad and down with the film. But, overall I felt happy that I watched the film because I experience what we should do when seeing a film. We have experienced a mixture of emotions through watching a film, which is what we should do.

So, What's The Bottom Line?

I would highly recommend this to anyone really, the comedy moments are slick, the romance is believable and the drama draws you in. And, that's the bottom line.

Tips If Watching The Film?


  1. Don't expect, what your expecting. Just watch the drama unfold. 

My Rankings

I give this a 10 out of 10, I can't argue with it. It's long I give it that but I enjoy a long detailed movie and I don't have any questions apart from one. But, IMDB rated it a 8.2 something I think, which I can deal with that's reasonable.




Here is the trailer:
Here is the IMDB page to find out more: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582846/?ref_=nv_sr_1


Join our Facebook group here of THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment