Thursday 21 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line With Guardians of the Galaxy?


Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)


Starring Chris Pratt (Her and Moneyball) Bradley Cooper (The Hangover and Limitless) Vin Diesel (Fast and Furious and Riddick), Dave Bautista (Riddick and WWE) and Zoe Saldana (Avatar and Star Trek Into Darkness)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


I love most Marvel films, am always gonna be a Marvel and DC Heroes fan. But, I didn't actually know much about Guardians of the Galaxy. I looked at the cast and went....WOW! We have got Karen Gillian from Doctor Who and Oculus and Glenn Close from 101 and 102 Dalmatians and Stepford Wives. So, I was quite excited to say the least I am looking forward to this film. We even see John C. Reilly in this film as well from Step Brothers and Chicago. I purposely didn't look at what villains, Easter eggs OR whoo from the Marvel universe is in the film so I get more excited when watching the film.

After I Watched The Film?


YES! My new favourite Marvel action film. It is amazing to see, the comedy in it is just pure excellence, the action moments are breath taking and it's not made up. The action stuff is like, believable in the time period it's set. The villains am not saying anything about BUT there's....hmm let's say THREE. Which in my book, amazing. The main bad guy thou am gonna say is Ronan and he is just brill as a villain. Then, you have moments with other villains that if your a Marvel fan you'll see them coming back at some point. But, this film has amazing special effects, the Easter Egg I have to say isn't worth waiting for but JUST WAIT and you'll see something that hasn't been seen in a LONG time and it's a funny moment too. But, lets talk about the 'heroes'. We have the Guardians of the Galaxy team. We have Peter Quill or Starlord who is a very funny, romantic, action hero but mainly funny! He will get laughs out of you. Then...hmm am thinking I don't want to reveal to much but you have Gamora who basically kicks ass. Then, my favourite three in the film. Brax the Destoryer (Dave Bautista) let's say metaphors go over his head and is a bit slow....like in Riddick! But...the prize goes tooo Rocket (Bradley Cooper) and Groot (Vin Diesel). Gotta say half way through the film I forgot Vin Diesel played Groot.....I AM GROOT! That's sums him up but look at his character in the film he is truly a shocking and beautiful tree creatures. Rocket, is the more logical one but reminds me of Seth McFarlane's Ted if he had a best friend....no joke. It's just funny, action packed and a little romance moments perfect for action/comedy and even Marvel fans. And, keep a great eye out on cameos as well the main one am gonna say is "Yes, Stan Lee is in this film". It's just brilliantly made, the story isn't complicated and the guns are locked and loaded.

What Do You Think Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Will Be About?


Hmm, that's a great question. I don't want to reveal much about the first one. But, we can see them going in the direction of a certain villain. But, I shall do some research into what could there be? We could see The Collector in the second one because of the first film, see not mentioning why. But, he is a neutral person in the Marvel universe he can be seen as a villain mainly thou. But, I would like to see him in the second one too. Plus, we see him in Thor 2 as well at the end of an Easter Egg, always watch the Easter Eggs really lets you see what might happen or a great funny moment. Mistress Death could be a great person to see in the sequel but I think there gonna save her for a different film. But, we are expecting the sequel in 2017! So, maybe it could be pushed abit more they are in debates. But, since am not very into this kind of Marvel I don't know who to expect in the sequel and those who've seen the Easter Egg at the end....I can tell you he isn't having a film, it was just for comical use. And, the point of the picture above is that the Marvel Universe it's all one universe but I doubt they will ever join forces now. Maybe, in like 12 years MAYBE. But, I doubt it.

So, What's The Bottom Line?


If you LOVE your marvel action drama films, then this is a must watch film this year. That's all you need to know and that's the bottom line.

Tips If Watching The Film?



  1. Look at the Collectors 'stuff' shall we say, you might see someone you know IF you a Marvel Fan you'll see it. 
  2. Don't research the marvel characters first, watch the film and if you still want to know more then study them up. 

My Rankings


Well, IMDB users gave this a nice 8.6 but I have to give it a 10 out of 10. Simply because it's brought a new Marvel universe view on looking at things, and it's simply just made me love comical action films again.


Here is the trailer:
Here is the IMDB page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

If you want to join the Facebook group to read more blogs, here's the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment