Sunday 24 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line J D Wetherspoon REVISIT on 22th August 2014?

J D Wetherspoon
Lunch Time on 22nd August 2014
Location: Hyde


We ordered the following, and I will add the pictures of what the meal should of looked like 

Carbonara pasta with bacon served with garlic ciabatta (Selected pubs only!)


Selected pubs? After what I have to say it won't be selected it will be in the rubbish bin! For starters, you see the ciabatta bread? In the picture? Yeah, I didn't get that they fobbed me off with a baguette. A stone cold baguette so I was really disappointed. I know it's Hyde, and the food quality isn't that great BUT when it says on a menu Carbonara pasta with bacon served with garlic ciabatta. Don't get me wrong isn't that what I WANT! Not a bleeding piece of a baguette. It wasn't even garlic either. I would of liked them to come out, say we have none left and I wouldn't of had it. Next parts weird, the plate was absolutely hot! BUT, the pasta was cold, the bacon was extremely chewy and the sauce was very liquidy, My cats wouldn't even have it and they eat literally anything. A dog wouldn't of even eat it from how cold it was, it must of been something from the ice age! 

Cheese and Tomato Toastie 

Grilled bloomer bread sandwich with Cheddar cheese and tomato.

I am actually REALLY annoyed at this because they basically put it on the grill for like a second. The cheese wasn't even melted it was a cross over between "ooh it's gonna melt" and still a slice of cheese. The bread was cold and it wasn't grilled, it appeared with some lines for like a few seconds and the tomato was cold too. Overall, I would of thought Wetherspoons can at least do a simple cheese and tomato toastie but clearly I was wrong!. The picture below is what the Wetherspoons toastie is suppose to look like, it wasn't that brown it was still white. The chips looked okay. But, honestly if a restaurant can't get a simple toastie right what can you order? 

Fish, Chips and Peas with Tartar sauce

It was the club special of fish on a Friday. My dad had this and said it was nice so I can't really say much more than that. The fish looked freshly battered, the chips looked cooked to perfection, the peas were green what more could they of done?

Bottom Line?

I am actually getting annoyed at Wetherspoons, simply because they are suppose to do food correctly AND to a standard of being eatable. But, lately all my food I have ordered has either been wrong, cold or just plain rubbish! I would highly recommend going to a chippy then going to Wetherspoons because even the quality of a chippy is better than the Wetherspoons in Hyde and that's the bottom line.

If you want to follow the Facebook group, THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE join here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment