Sunday 31 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line with BoJack Horseman?


BoJack Horesman (2014)


Creator Raphael Bob Waksberg (The Exquisite Corpse Project and Save Me)

Starring Will Arnett (The Lego Movie and Despicable Me), Amy Sedaris (Puss in Boots and Elf) Alison Brie (The Five Year Engagement and The Lego Movie)

First Impressions Of The TV Show?


I actually had no idea what to think of this show. It's basically when I looked into it a horse from a sit-com in the 90s, 20 years later. So,  was thinking what kind of angle could they do? It said he was washed up so I was expecting this non-stopping agent trying to get him work. But, honestly I can't give a first impression because it was just random. It's only on Netflix like Orange is the New Black. The cast looks awesome we have Will Arnett who was in Lego Movie and Despicable Me and Amy Sedaris from the great comedy film Elf! So, I was expecting a great animated TV show. The creator, am not gonna lie never heard of him. Raphael Bob Waksberg I haven't heard of any of his work. But, looking at his IMDB account he hasn't really done anything noticeable to me. His shows appear to me as only USA kind, so the UK won't really know any of these shows. But, he has been active since 2008 so that's telling me he is trying to get known and to get on Netflix it's either a win or a lose situation.

After I Watched The First Series?


It's one of those where you're like.... "Did that happen?". It's weird. It's something I would watch if nothing is on. There is just one season and it's just weird. The opening credits is kinda creative, well not kinda! It is creative, but it's simple and interesting. The horse BoJack is just interesting himself. He complains a lot, he is funny. But, not Family Guy funny more like Eric Cartman funny just not as offensive. The characters in the series it started off quite interesting because we get to know each character but to be honest it got boring quite quickly. I think there 30 minutes per episode, so there not long and I finished a whole series in less than a day really. It's good if nothing is on I would say, like I said before. The comedy is there, just not a "Hahaha" it's more the silent laughter. It's got sex, drug use, quirky characters, love interests, cotton candy even. What more could you want? AND, how could I forget that Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad who played Jessie is also in this TV show as well!

What Does It Remind Me Of?


It actually reminds me of Family Guy, but no where near as funny. It reminds me of a very simple South Park just not as offensive or funny. Personally, it just reminded me of some of the things American Dad, Family Guy and Cleveland Show does. I just found it watch-able which is a huge disappointment to me. Yeah, the story was there, some episodes were interesting then others. But, I just wasn't hooked it was on in the background most of the time because it just got boring. I just can't understand why Netflix would approve this? It's not actually that great compare to the other Netflix shows like House of Cards, Orange is the New Black etc! They are hits, this BoJack Horseman is no where near the quality you want.

So, What's The Bottom Line?

If you want something basically watch-able just watch this. If you're not a child this is good for you. But, honestly it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be and it was quite dull in parts as well which is not what you want. And, that's the bottom line....watch-able dull horse.

Tips If Watching The TV Show?


  1. Don't eat cotton candy when getting drunk

My Rankings

Well, IMDB somehow gave this an 8 and I give it a simple 5 it was just watch-able for me. So, 5 out of 5. Not near Family Guy comedy level, not near a smash hit comedy. It was just plain watch-able like Everybody Loves Raymond on a Monday morning, it's simple and easy to watch and funny! Whilst, BoJack Horseman....just watch-able.


Here is the trailer:

Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3398228/

Here is my Facebook group page, if you want to keep up to date with my latest blogs;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment