Sunday 31 August 2014

What's The Bottom Line Shocking What I Found Out About Morrisons in Hyde?


Morrisons
Morning around 10 on 28th/29th August 2014
Location: Hyde


Introduction


This is about the trip to Morrisons, I was just going to get a few things for tonight because my friend was coming over. But, what I have to say will probably sadden and shock you about Morrisons employees. Not, Morrisons itself but more the people that work there.

The Story


So, I was strolling merrily into Morrisons (wasn't drunk but really happy) and I got four cans of Strongbow for myself and a small bottle of Vodka for myself and my mate who was coming over tonight. I saw the tills were kind of packed so I thought I try out the self check out machines, never tried it with alcohol but worth a shot. So, I went to one of them and you always have that person near the machines just in case it breaks or you need assistance. So, before I beep them through I called over the woman who's around 40 or 50 years old and I told her "let me just get my ID first to show you if that's okay?" and she nodded. So, beep the cans over. I was being a comedian saying "I didn't get six because my six pack I left at home". She laughed, my jokes are bad I know! Then, the vodka, the cap security thing was on and she said "I do this right away" and I was just being polite "It's okay, take your time" and smiling and she helped me with that and I took my glasses off as she was checking my ID out (it's a passport can't wear glasses!) To be honest, nice being asked because am 21 and still being ID it's a compliment I don't look ancient yet haha. As I paid for the alcohol, she said this to me. "I never get anyone, smiling, telling jokes or even being patient in Morrisons. I've been here quite a while and your my first person that actually cared about us and not fire abuse at us, this early in the morning for the machines breaking or something.".


Shocking And Quite Saddening

There. Right there shocked me, I mean I know people do get in a hurry if they want a drink. But, a laugh here and a smile here clearly does make someone's day. I was more shocked at the fact people actually fire abuse at someone for helping them!?!? WHY? What's the cause behind that! To be honest, I think it depends on the people. I mean, I like having a laugh, smiling in general and being polite that's how I was brought up. I was shocked at the fact, I was the only person doing that! I mean, the people in the Morrisons, Aldi, ASDA coats etc are people too. They may look mechanical behind the tills but behind the till there is a heart, a personality! Getting those few laughs probably makes it that much bearable for them if there doing a six hour shift or a twelve hour shift. And,. am not being funny what's wrong with getting someone a laugh or a smile from time to time or all the time. You have to think, there doing this because that's there job....Yeah, but doesn't mean you can't have a laugh with them. The fact, I felt sorry for this woman because I was the first person she had that was patient and funny. I mean, don't get me wrong I know people don't have high patience but surly that little time.....That little second isn't in a mega rush to get by!?! Technically as well, if you are in a rush should take a minute to chillax and become patient even if it's shopping!

Bottom Line?

When you go shopping, food or leisure or anything really in general a smile, a joke and that little patience could change someone to having a really rubbish day to a start to a positive day and that's the bottom line. 

If you want to join the Facebook group for anymore blogs by THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment