Tuesday 28 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line with the Toby Carvery's Cedar Tree in Attleborough?


Toby Carvery

Cedar Tree

Lunch Meal on 28th October 2014
Location: Attleborough

I ordered the following, and I will add the pictures of what the meal should of looked like



Roast Pork, Stuffing and Apple Sauce Bap 
Served on a soft, floured bap or a crispy baguette with our roast potatoes and a Yorkshire pudding. £3:99

My first thought was "WOW! £3:99 for a mini little carvery in a bap, that's a bargain! Now, let me destroy the dreams I had for this meal. Let's break it down. Let's start with the roast pork, it was warm not hot hot, it was a bit dry but at the end of the day that's pork, my issue wasn't even with the pork, it was EVERYTHING else. The stuffing was so hard it was like eating bullets from a loaded gun, yes tasted like you wearing eating a metal gun. I don't know how you can over cook stuffing. But, by word! It was ridicously hard, it was so hard the stuffing had a very hard crust, more crust then burnt toast! Then, the potatoes  with an easily solution of gravy to be fixed.....Why would I need gravy? The potatoes were so dried and not even hot it seems like they been sun bathing all day and decided to have an ice cream sundae in between. The apple sauce was really sweet, I dip some of my Yorkshire pudding and potatoes in the sauce but it was incredibly sweet! But, the MAIN issue was my Yorkshire pudding.....HOW! Well, A) It was the sizze of my head so that's a bonus! But, the grease on that Yorkshire pudding was ridiculous! It was a combination of Peter Griffin, Homer Simpson and Fat Albert's grease and sweat which was served to Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda and THEN was cooked by the Chuckle Brothers. It was RIDICULOUS! I can't even describe how that much greased happened on that Yorkshire pudding. It was like I was taking a bit of pure grease and none of that soft doughy texture from a proper Yorkshire pudding.


Bottom Line?


As you come into Toby's Carvery you see a sign "Home of the Roast"..... I can see why, the carvery is a win and the menu is a bin! My parents had exactly the same and enjoyed it thou, so I might just had the bad batch of the baps. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, for me the price was right. But, the quality wasn't there, the elements were but not the execution and the sign says open, but my tastes says no that's the bottom line.

If You Want To Keep Up To Date WIth The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment