Thursday 9 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line presents What Grinds My Gears Issue #2

Future n0t Found Regular


Introduction


Welcome to an all exclusive GRIND MY GEARS! This will be a new feature to That's The Bottom Line, and already we have had huge interest in it. We will be looking at what grinds are gears! Our second issue will be looking at 5 things again that really gets our temperature up, AND NOT IN THE GOOD WAY! I have created the logo above, it's not perfect but that's grind my gears, not seeing a perfect logo, So, let's get this grind our gears feature on a role with.....Two Face, and not the Batman villain. But, still a bad villain.


Two Faced People In General


I generally hate two faced people, before I left my halls in university, I saw clearly a good who I thought were my best buds, nope just riding me along for a big old ride. And, it wasn't just one it was a good 6 'friends' which now I don't talk to or help no matter what because I felt a huge dagger in my back. However, that's made me grow up so much that there is people like this out there. Am civil, if someone really annoys me I will still be civil, but that person am being civil to turns out to be blah blah blahing to someone else about me in a negative way....Why? I know people that miss me at university, which is nice to hear. But, if you're my friend that's cool, but I don't understand why being around someone that angers you? I generally don't understand. Two face people, if you are reading this make a choice either be blunt and tell that person why you being two face, or be civil. It's simple. There's no huge discussion, just quick and straight to the point because if you tell that person that a human being face to face shows how much of a human being you are. The worst case of two facism, see made something up there! Is when, I was suppose to be going shopping with a mate and this mate point blank ignores me, not in general, just point blank doesn't acknowledge my existence. Which in my book, is bad. Simply because, you don't treat anyone like that be civil, be proper and well mannered at least about the situation, but turns out she was just an attention seeker so all good! I dropped a lot of two face people from an air balloon not literally! But, just dropped out of my mind and I have had no drama in my life since. So, if you're somebody that has drama in you're life and you're thinking it's too much try and figure out who causes it and just spend a week without that person and see the difference. Make it an experiment but make it not sly but on the down low not point blank, "AM DOING AN EXPERIMENT!. Because, you might be surprised what you uncover because the one you think is causing drama is in doubt not the one causing it. This was a huge challenge at university because you become really friendly with people and it turns out those people are two face.....So, be careful university students there are people like that in the world in general but I learn't from university it's not all black and white and simple it can be quite complicated.....But, only if you let it. Remember, you have control of you're own life.

Prices That Are £9:99 Why Not Just Make It £10


I think this is a major thing that annoys me! I mean, that one penny makes a difference? To me not really, a DVD come out and it's 9:99 I think it's advertising trying to make it sound cheaper. But, just saying a tenner makes it sound much more cheaper to me. I mean, XBOX One games are bang on 40 quid, and it's so much easier than dealing with that penny which will be lost in you're wallet forever. I would just want to say all these pennies and buy something like a Blu-Ray at 12:99 and that person has to count those pennies. Just to make the point that the "99p" system is useless. I know it might have something with the economy but what's the point and when something is 1:49 or 1:69.....WHY! Why can't it just be basic £1:50. Simple, no change needed, I dunno....It just winds me up and let's use Domino's Pizza as an example. I go Dominoes, I do this deal and they want £9:99, so collection simple you give them £10 but they want to give you back that penny, I even say keep the change and there like "You sure?". I was tempted to say "Actually no, I'll take my penny and save for a 10p mix up which turns out to be £1:20 or something ridiculous!". I just think if we round stuff up it will save the messing around of change and plus think about it, if this was delivered they expect a tip. So, if it's 9:99, I don't like weird money. But, lets say I went for something different and total came to £16:48 I dunno, so you could be really nice and give a £20, because that's all you have and say keep the change. But, lets be honest that's rare these days, so you have to wait for a 2p, a 50p and the pound coins that follow which generally takes a while!. But, always leave a tip unless it's a rubbish delivery I once waited 3 hours for a pizza from Dominoes because the system 'crashed'. More like, hope we forget we ordered. 


Going To A Chinese Restaurant And The Chef Is Mexican


NOW, before I say ANYTHING! I believe everyone has the right to do anything they want. No matter on the race, skin tone, disability, hair colour, tattoos you name it am cool with. But, this is actually from a "My Wife and Kids episode" but I had a Mexican chef because I could see working in Frankie and Bennies once......Right. When, I go to a restaurant whether it be a Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Spanish, Jamaican whatever you expect the chef in the area to be of that race because of so many reasons. I went to an amazing Chinese restaurant in Southport, and the waiters, the chef, the atmosphere is the whole deal. You taste like you're in China. I just feel if you're paying for a Chinese or Mexican meal in a restaurant and that it is at a high standard restaurant you expect a Chinese chef because it's comfort food for them. Don't get me wrong, I feel we all have the ability to cook different kinds of food, but if you want the best you would logically want an experience chef in that area and not a student from a university. That's a fact, we all expect top notch food where ever we eat. I am not being a racist or being discriminate but that's how I believe. From a note of My Wife and Kids, they had a Mexican chef in a very classy Chinese restaurant he can cook the meal and everything, but you expect the whole show, and the whole experience of a higher end Chinese restaurant. 

Pixar VS Disney Lovers/Haters


This was a weird argument, I knew a few friends that loved Pixar but hated Disney, and other friends that like Disney but hate Pixar. Wait....Time out! This doesn't really make sense to me. Pixar and Disney are literally the same, they do animation films, you get heroes, you get funny characters. But, I just don't understand what's the difference. I love Pixar and Disney, I love Toy Story and Alice in Wonderland. I love the old and new Disney and same for the new and old Pixar. I don't understand what they see differently. So, it really grinds my gears when people say "OH MY GOD, I absolutely hate Disney, it just lacks something and I really don't enjoy it" (This was during a meal in a Chinese restaurant in Liverpool with some friends). So I turned and said "Well, what about Pixar?" and she said "I LOVE IT! I love Bug's Life the most and Toy Story my favourite films". So, whilst I was enjoying my pancake rolls I was just puzzled by that! It's the same thing! You got the exact same presence in both films. Pixar and Disney are quite similar but to take one side then the other is quite interesting.



Your Best Friend Talks All The Way Through A Movie


This is the ultimate what grinds my gears, I was going to the cinema with some mates and I got stuck with the chatter box. And, they seen the film before we went.....Oh yeah! You can see what could happen. Before, something happened my 'friend' would tell me "Ooooo this bits good, this is when she finds out she's been pregnant with his child". And, I turn with wide eyes and just smile and say "THANKS". And, that disappointed my whole experience of not just the film, the day. It's one of those films I was looking forward in seeing, I think it was a horror film maybe the Unborn, but it really annoyed me. So, next time I swapped with someone so I wouldn't get a spoiled. And, even then my friend ruined the film for everyone because she laughed before the punchline!. So, that grinds my gears someone who really spoils an epic film because you don't get the same experience of the unexpected. That's why now, when I go cinema I make sure there like me and just watch the film. I've had experiences of the whole ray from quite, wiggly, talking, coughing, sneezing, phoning calling is a big no no and that even happened and texting whilst the film on. I mean, why come cinema if you're not gonna sit there and WATCH THE FILM! Grrrrr.

So. What's The Bottom Line?


I think we all have to take in consideration of other people and how they feel, always be civil even with your enemy, if you're portraying best buddies tone down if you're not that mega friends with them. Try and not see a film when others have, but if they have seen it just don't reveal spoilers! Just say "Oh yeah, saw it last week it's great don't mind seeing it again". It shows that you're making the effort in being a part of the group and that you're taking what they want to watch into consideration. The Chinese/Mexican chef that's preference, I think as long as the food tastes good I am happy. However, I do expect it at high standards as we all would if we are paying for a meal. But, the Pixar VS Disney haters I can't fix or give advice it's all about preference which is what Grind my Gears looks at. What grinds are gears all matters on preference, some things can annoy someone and to someone else it might not.


If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment