Monday 6 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line With The Premier of Forever?



Forever (2014)


Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic Four and Titanic), Alana De La Garza (All My Children and Law and Order) and Joel David Moore (Avatar and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story)



First Impressions of Forever?


I kept seeing the trailers on Sky 1 because I like most of the things on Sky 1 like Simpsons, Modern Family etc, so when I saw this Forever....I was interested in what it's about. I looked on IMDB and it's short and sweet it says "A 200 year old man works in the New York City Morgue, trying to find a key to unlock the curse of his immortality" It's a drama and Sci-Fi TV Show, so that in mind you're expecting like a Torchwood, Warehouse 13 and maybe even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D feel to it. I like Ioan Gruffudd already I can sense this character will be highly intelligent, when you been walking on the Earth for 200 years surely you would use this time to get knowledge and research.

After I Watched The Pilot of Forever?


If you died and woke up naked in the lake what would you do? There's more to this story than meets the eye. As you know Iaon Gruffudd plays Dr. Henry Morgan, I have to say comparing him to Mr. Fantastic because that's what I really know him from, he is more than fantastic! He is utter brilliance. He is like Captain Jack Harkness but cleverer, he is like Sleepy Hollow but he is more active, more curiouser, more questionable, more focus. It seems Dr. Henry Morgan gets a true hype from death itself in this TV Show. But, it's not all serious and full of death, there's little one liners that Dr. Henry Morgan does and that makes me think, yes he got it. Humour is one of the highest points of intelligence and his one liners are just brilliant. But, I wanted more when it finished. I think they have done this quite cleverly, he is a great observer. Even in the trailer, Joel David Moore's character who he works with Dr. Henry Morgan says to the detective "He doesn't even have to open them up, to know how they died." I think that little humour is quite refreshing then having continuous crime scenes and murders like NCIS or CSI, we are actually getting to know the characters more in depth then we should do. It's only the pilot so am unsure if they just set the characters up or we will get to know the characters more in depth.

I have to say the ending was basically, the bait was swimming around throughout the episode and right at the end, I got caught and am hooked on this TV Series. Highly recommend this to anyone that likes the weird and unusual drama Sci-Fi mystery TV Shows and it's has twists that will becoming.


What's There Story in 'Forever'?


Personally, am hooked on this TV Show because we get to know each individual character slowly, it's not like huge flash backs and we know everyone and BOOM let's get to it! It's more in depth, I mean how they created Dr. Henry Morgan is actually pure brilliance. They gave him that ultimate choice of when you die, you will keep coming back.....But, in the lake of New York? That to me is interesting, that's what mainly got me hooked, he has a labatory in an Antique shop like his HQ, but he has the intelligence far superior than that of Sherlock Holmes. I think he is a modern Sherlock Holmes with elements of other detective or crime fighters. But, the attire is nailed! I like the coat, the pocket watch, all these little touches makes him look classy, I mean if I lived longer than 200 years I would want to look classy than you're typical bum. Plus, he knows languages, he has seen stuff which am wondering about. I like looking at glimpses of these characters slowly then you get near the end you'll feel comfortable with the characters. I feel thou, there will be a shock factor as the series goes on, my sister in America is like four episodes a head and loves it but I don't know what happens, she doesn't like spoiling things for me. But, it's interesting....it's like.... something is about to happen, then you think it won't and it does. And, to see how Dr. Henry Morgan works is quite absurd and dangerous which I think lacks from the others in CSI, Sleepy Hollow, NCIS etc they don't experiment dangerously. 



So, What's The Bottom Line?


This TV Show has three fundamentals.....Crime......Drama.....and Mystery. I have to say that they have nailed each one, there isn't too much crime you feel sucked into a crime scene, there's not too much drama you cry at someone's death...maybe shocked but still. But, I think the high point is mystery. I feel Dr. Henry Morgan has there era of mystery that we won't know till a good 7 episodes maybe? I dunno. But, the bottom line would be considering how long he has lived and what he has seen, Dr. Henry Morgan doesn't age so the ultimate bottom line is, would you be the hero or the villain ? Considering, what you could accomplish and do, it's interesting to think about.



My Rankings


Well, so far Forever has a quite a high TV Show rating of 8.4, this could change but I feel it will always stay above an 8 because it's quite refreshing to watch, it's something different, it's something that we haven't seen yet. There's all sorts of humour, action, science, myths, mystery all these different things will get any TV lover hooked. That's why from just the pilot I give this a 10 out of 10, it was on for one hour, I didn't get bored, I was hooked and wondering and curious and I think we need more TV Shows like this then straight up spoon feeding.

Forever (2014) Poster

Here is the trailer:

Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3487382/?ref_=nv_sr_1

If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment