Monday 27 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line presents Grind My Gears Issue #3

Megi Sans Regular


Introduction


Welcome to an all exclusive GRIND MY GEARS! This will be a new feature to That's The Bottom Line, and already we have had huge interest in it. We will be looking at what grinds are gears! Our third issue will be looking at 5 things again that really gets our temperature up, AND NOT IN THE GOOD WAY! I have created the logo above, it's not perfect but that's grind my gears, not seeing a perfect logo, So, let's get this grind our gears going.


When Someone Rings You, You Ring Them Back Immediately NO ANSWER!


I think this is one of the top grind my gears, when somebody you ring and you get no answer, put the phone down for a second and it starts ringing. OR, the other way, you missed a call, you call back in a second and no answer. Like the image above, is it like you died in 3 seconds?!?!?! No, it just completely annoying! It's like when you text someone and it's going quite fluent and then suddenly dead. Then, four hours later they say "sorry for that, went to the toilet"....Yeah, for four hours! It just annoys me, when you ring someone, I understand if they ring back in 2/5 minutes but ringing back straight away is just ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, love my ring tone it's The Muppets Theme Song can listen to that again and again but this just annoys me. It's like why didn't you answer first? This is just one of the main grind my gears, when someone rings you try and answer it straight away or ring them back in 5 and say why you didn't pick up.


When You Get Ignored


I think this is a main grind my gears as well, when your talking to someone and they point blank ignore you. It's quite disrespectful, I mean if someone is talking to me I will talk back to them, because it's just purely the most human thing to do!. When considering the fact that even if your in a conversation and your views are being ignored, which has happened to me throughout my life I just take it on the chin. But, if you are in a two way conversation and the other person isn't listening and just point blank ignoring you why bother? I mean, literally why bother with that person if they won't listen to you? Personally, all my friends now I dropped some 'stupid' ones they listen to me, and I listen to them like any other friends. The other 'stupid' friends were point blank ignoring anything I said so what's the point in having that grief of trying to communicate with someone that doesn't really care themselves. 


People Who Give You SPOILERS


I've had this experience too many times, throughout high school, primary school, college and university. People spoiling things for me. For example, Game of Thrones....someone spoiled it completely for me because they read the books. So, at first I was like "I haven't seen it yet please don't tell me anything". So, what did they do? Tell me who dies and who doesn't in the first series.....THANKS! Posing a really aggressive face and walks off. Plus, it's the same for TV series and I even say "Am at this bit". And, they will deliberately say "OOOO the next episode is so good he dies." And am in shock. I mean, I understand if I have seen it but why tell me a spoiler for an episode? I don't understand why people feel they need to spoil great things for us. Since I was at university, I missed so much television I could mainly watch Eastenders and Doctor Who but the other things I watched people spoil it for me. And, am like WHY! 

When In A Game Your Near The End and YOU DIE


I think this annoys all gamers, when you're half way through a level or worse you're fighting the boss and you're nearly gonna win and you die! And, where do you start again? Right at the beginning! It's like "WHY!" I feel like my heart sinks, and I don't play the game for about a week because I died and got annoyed at the game. Like, right now The Evil Within....it's HARD! I mean, this is some hardcore horror game, if you die...your dead! It's not like Resident Evil...Hit them in the head, jobs done. It takes about three gun shots to the head! And, they know how to find you! It's so intense! Plus, Shadows of Mordor....I try to kill as many Urks as possible to kill all the Warchiefs...and they kill me so the first four of five, they dead woo. BUT, I have to kill them all again because they ranked up! AHHHH! It's like making your job worse. I like Titanfall for that reason, when you die you just jump back in. It just really annoys me when you die and you have to start all the way back to the beginning. Which is why, I love auto save, so I don't have to keep saving where I am. 



Disrespectful Comments


I had a really disrespectful comment that went something like this "This is the worst thing I've ever read!". And, I deleted it because purely because it was full of hate, and it didn't have any critical feedback. I mean, if you're reading my stuff, why be harsh about it? I mean, I understand if it's bad because it's laid back style of writing. But, to say it's the worst thing you read. I purposely read what he writes and he defines himself as "Blogs" when in fact it's pages and pages like an article. I don't care who you are or what you do, but if you give me harsh comments without any critical feedback I will generally think you're a poor excuse for human kind to be honest.


So. What's The Bottom Line?


I think the advice I have said above, the advice and my bottom line is remember who you are, and any disrespectful comments hit on the chin. If you die in the game, be thankful you didn't die in real life! That's a real horror film called "Stay Alive!". The spoilers one, make sure your friends understand you don't like spoilers, and make sure that's in there skulls! If you feel you're being ignored....tell that someone, it will make your value in friendship heightened a lot. And, that person that you ring, put phone down, and rings you back immediately. It happens, I do it and am learning to answer my phone right away. But, I think it's something that can't be avoided just understand that person could be on the toilet, cooking food, cleaning the house, phone on silent. Just think there doing something and that sense of paranoid mind will go and you'll be bright as rain and that's the bottom line.


If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment