Monday 6 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D Season 1 Premier?


Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (2013-)



Starring Clark Gregg (Avengers and Iron Man), Ming-Na Wen (Mulan and ER) and Brett Dalton (Killing Lincoln and Beside Still Waters) 


First Impressions Before Seeing The TV Show?


I have to admit, I was unsure what to expect. Okay, it's Marvel. So, clearly since it's about Agents of Shield...there's a hint right there. It's about the organization to Shield and the agents in it. Now, I have to say that the closest we have seen to Agents of Shield or the organization itself is Captain America: Winter Soilder because it was about a huge conspiracy blah blah blah anyway. It's nice to see purely a TV Show about Agents of Shield, I looked at the cast....and I was just like....WAIT, Agent Coulson is in it? Didn't he die in the Avengers movie? So, then I fought okay this is before what went down in New York with Loki and the Aliens......Wrong again, it's basically after the New York battle and during the time of Thor Dark World as well. So, my minds blown with questions like....How? So, lets get to it shall we.

After I Watched The TV Show?


Makes sense but, I still have questions which will hopefully come later on. I am like 10 episodes in now, am that hooked. I watch 10 episodes in one day! It's a good 25/26 episodes and am hooked. So, the plot is beautiful. It's like watching a mini-Marvel film. It has the money, you can CLEARLY see they have the money to do whatever they want. PLUS, I didn't know Joss Wheadon directs and writes Agents of Shield so this is the closest insight of what Age of Ultron might be like. I know it's Joss Wheadon from camera action angles you see it in Buffy and in Angel. I was surprise at how comfortable I got into this TV Show, it has lots of humour, a good balance of action packness in there. I mean, I like the plot because it kinda sets up the characters and as the season goes on you get to know more about there characters and other characters within the Marvel universe. I even have to say it's very like a Marvel film because after each episode you get a little sneak peek, or a glimpse at something like in Marvel films with Easter Eggs. I have to say I am surprised that I like this, a good question that I got ask was "Since it's just Agents people are disappointed that there isn't little cameo appearances from the Avengers". All I have to say to that, is that considering it's Agents of Shield....we have to give them something not a film, but a TV Show is better! It's got the feel of Knight Rider K.I.T.T the newer version but has all the knowledge and equipment from a major operation. There's always some nice twists in Marvel and am on 10th episode and they keep on coming. Am still got questions, but that's the fun part I think and you do have to watch every episode I feel to understand everyone and where everyone is up to. It's well worth it.

What Heroes And Villains Are We Expected To See?


Honestly, am on the 10 episode and I have to say, am not going to spoil it for you. I looked on-line to see were these villains or heroes just made up or purposely for the Agents of Shield. I can say that Stan Lee created all the villains and characters, there was no writer that thought "Let's ermm make a guy that can blow up and come back to life in a mini second" No, that's lame. Am glad Stan Lee is involved. You do see cameos from certain people, my favourite so far involves Nick Fury and a fish tank. It's funny. That's not a spoiler, you can search it and it's probably there. But, looking on IMDB, there's some nice things coming and some iconic villains. I think they put them in Agents of Shield because it would make sense for the storyline, but also doing a Marvel film they might not be fitted in as much. But, so far I am happy with what am seeing, my sister in America is like 4 seasons in.....thanks sis! She did tell me thou, the first season is brilliant but the second and so on are basically pulling straws which to me, means there not trying hard enough to create a good episode or making great villains or heroes. I like what I've seen and there's always a WOW in an episode I've found too. Highly recommend watching this TV Series.

So, What's The Bottom Line?


If you like Thor with a hammer and Hulk smashes....this isn't for you. If you like normal people, making a difference whether being a super intelligent scientist, assassin, agent, leader, hacker, babysitter etc; This TV Show doesn't just open the Marvel universe more, it has epic twists, fight battles and when you watch you can see the money went into this TV Show to make it a smash hit.


My Rankings


My logically conclusion for Agents of Shield getting a 7.4 because as the series go on it dried out, but am on 10 episodes now am looking forward to keep going. It's fresh, it's exciting and it's interesting as well. I have to say that I am giving this a 10 out of 10, I never get bored of it and am going to watch till the end.


Here is the trailer:

Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364582/

If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

No comments:

Post a Comment