Wednesday 8 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line presents What Grinds My Gears Issue #1

Future n0t Found Regular



Introduction

Welcome to an all exclusive GRIND MY GEARS! This will be a new feature to That's The Bottom Line, we will be looking at what grinds are gears! Our first issue will be looking at 5 things that really gets our temperature up, AND NOT IN THE GOOD WAY! I have created the logo above, it's not perfect but that grind my gears seeing a perfect logo, I have a swollen eye so give me a little slack folks! So, let's get this grind our gears feature on a role with.....Miley Cyrus.


Miley Cyrus Haters


You know what grinds my gears....Miley Cyrus Haters! I mean come on, you aren't forced to listen to her music, and all honesty I like mainly her old stuff to her new stuff but I won't be a hater for it. I appreciate all music, but the haters we aren't cello-taping you're eyes wide open and showing you ever concert she has done and played "WRECKING BALL" 1,000 times to you. I appreciate music, singers and what they can do. It's like David Cameron you can boo all you want, but they either stay or leave in 4 years....that's pretty much a fact. Plus, if I do have any Miley Cyrus haters out there she is actually a person! I follow this fashion link, and she was all revealing but not too revealing to go out in Los Angelas and personally good for her, don't be shy in what normal people do....They go out! Have fun! And, she does the whole selfie mumble jumble but you can't really hate her for what she believes in. She changed her look and we rarely think of that Hannah Montana person now, so considering all that Miley Cyrus Haters, should really think, "Wait, I won't listen to her music and try someone else". She's hear to stay clearly! She will probably do another extreme single like Wrecking Ball, so have a nervous breakdown, have a latte something! Just get this hate situation out of you're brains and move on please. Plus, she recently did a 'nude' photo in the shower, now you didn't see anything and it was for her new cover on another singer who actually did something similar to this, so you can't have a go at her. I think now she's comfortable in this new look you can't stop her. So, just accept it and move on, like to the next grind my gears.

Tetris Movie


You know what really grinds my gears? Making a movie that doesn't even make sense! I feel like Hollywood just played on there GameBoy consoles on Tetris and all dropped there devices and wait "Oh god, let's do a Tetris the Movie, it would be epic and irrelevant.." This has to be the worst idea I have ever heard, even worse than Killer Tomatoes or Killer Clowns in Space. I watched the trailer, and you can watch this below and I just thought "WHY!". This has to be the worst remake from a video game I have ever heard of, yeah I understand Tron because it's a guy on a moter cycle, in a game, trying to live. But, this is blocks! BLOCKS! How can you win or lose or die! It makes no sense what so ever. I would rather see Pac-Man meet Mrs. Pac Man. I would rather see paint dry 30 days later and stare at that every second. I would rather be sucked into an unknown universe of blackholes then watch this rubbish. The trailer don't get me wrong, looks good....But, it's going to be poor because it's utterly ridiculous. Put, Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller and Keith Lemon in this film just to get those ratings up and why not Warwick Davis, it's all about blocks all shapes and sizes need maybe just throw in Jabba the Hutt, Mike Myers, Minions from Despicable Me just to make the film sound more already messed up! 




Twilight 5 Short Films From Different Directors


My first question is....WHY! Stop juicing out all the profit from a saga. I don't see why or what would be the point in making 5 short films of the Twilight Saga....I REALLY don't. It ended well, we get the gist of the whole ending now just stop! At first I was like, mhmm okay one more film just to see how the little girl grows up and be this ultimate warrior. BUT NO!!! They have to make 5 short films with 5 DIFFERENT directors. I mean why? What does this achieve expect milking out more and more money from the movie franchise. I already think, they are rebooting the whole Twilight. WHY! I would understand something in the 70s or 80s because we have experienced more films but Twilight all the films haven't even hit the pound box yet people! Don't get me wrong I think the films are really good, but I don't understand why you have to do 5 short films, maybe it's 5 completely different stories but then why don't we just milk it into 5 full length films then that will get you're money! I can see the 5 films going into like, Bella and Edward raising up there child, the family, then the normal family of Bella's parents being in danger or something. Then, the tribute to the wolf packs and then maybe seeing the head of the vampires kicking butt and dealing with other matters. Coz, lets be honest the general gist of the twilight is this EPIC vampire counsel and they just want Bella and Edward.....There's no other threat? I do feel like, just seeing vampires with powers and wolves there seems to be more....I would like to see maybe something mythical to spice things up. THERE WAS EVEN TALK OF BLADE......BLADE! I mean, try and be more creative. Don't get a vampire killer like Blade and throw him in Twilight. Doesn't make sense, and if you think am joking just search "Twilight Blade cross over" it's there I have read it, and it was lacking imagination. For the era we are working with, Van Helsing would be more better because Blade is much more 18 rating then the 12 and 15 rating for Twilight. And, let's be honest Blade could kick there butts. No offence to Twilight fans.

Food Order Wrong


I would understand that if the food order was MASSIVE, but what really grinds my gears if you order like 3 or 4 things and they get it completely wrong. For example, I love Chicken and Sweetcorn soup, large crispy pancake roll, egg fried rice and sweet and sour chicken. BUT, this one time I got Chicken and Noodle soup, mini spring rolls, boiled rice and sweet and sour PORK.....And, the most annoying thing is they repeated it back to me. I should of just been like, "So -points at menu- I WANT THAT THAT THAT AND THAT please" and they would still repeat it back and get it wrong! I hate boiled rice, I hate sweet and sour pork. It was a place in Tameside and my parents were away, but come on! If you mistake Egg Fried Rice for Boiled Rice, you're just in the wrong business. And, since it was a delivery I paid for it and opened it and was like "Either my eyes need changing or they messed up my meal". I rung them back, and they even repeated the ticket to me and so the driver came and swap the food and it was now the food I ordered with an extra Pepsi bottle of coke "SCORE"!. But, come on! If you can't get one thing correct on an order there's something seriously up with the food system or order system.


Someone Who Blows Money On Booze Then An Engagement Ring


This has to be the top Grind my Gears EVER. When someone has like saving there money, they just got a student loan or a form of loan for an engagement ring , they been scrapping by and saving there money. And, there engaged and whether the ring is 80 quid, 100 quid, 200 quid, 1,000 pounds if you love that person SO MUCH! You will do it. But, nope they either spend it on a new XBOX one console, purely booze or going out or even just pay back people because you couldn't manage sorting out you're money problems. But, nope. I know someone who spent all there money just purely on booze in two weeks, that's a sad fact. Now, don't get me wrong I like a drink but when you have an engaged partner and you want to treat that someone with a ring....Wouldn't you do it when you have either like a loan, this magical money from you're job just wouldn't you want to make it official? Nope, that really grinds my gears because no matter what situation you get in and if you have enough money you should do it for the woman you love, straight away! Surely then spend you're money in two weeks and now you're now skint. I mean, what logical proposition are you making to you're partner if you're doing this? I think if this every happened to anyone, I would generally feel sorry for them because it shows how much commitment and love that person is willing to give if they make that effort buying you, you're engagement ring themselves then blowing it on luxuries and pleasures because at the end of the day that's booze, a luxury and a pleasure if you think about it, but too much and it's a spiral into nothing and that's the truth right there really. I think if you are serious, next time you get that money if you trust that person give them you're card. Budget, save, plan, organize because anything you buy should be planned out and not spend willy nilly really and as a past student who had the advantages of Student Loans it's careful to budget properly and not spend willly nilly because if you're not careful you're 50 pound week budget and you're spending willy nilly you might not survive the end, not like you're gonna die! But, you won't be eating properly, the products you have like washing up liquid, bubble bath, deo, all these little things add up so you have to plan and that's how you fix this situation.

So. What's The Bottom Line?


I think what really makes Grind My Gears a great feature and bottom line because we actually see this every day in our lives, and the fact am speaking up about this is making you think about what we are as a society and as people as well. These 5 features for my first issue has really got me thinking that, holding you're tongue when you need to should happen. But, when you feel the need to speak up, you have to. Don't be someone you're trying to be, be the person you are. The things I have said today, probably about 8 out of 10 people have encountered one of these grind my gears. So, bottom line is that Grind My Gears is here to stay because it's relevant in some ways to you (The Reader) and that's okay.

If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

1 comment:

  1. Twilight 5 Short Films From Different Directors make me think of The Animatrix as it a bit like above story. Only different is I think Twilight fan base or people that make the film have yet to get games been made for the Twilight as Matrix had 3 films and 3/4 games. Well I know one of my mum's friends might be going to watch the movies even so it be interesting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete