Thursday 23 October 2014

What's The Bottom Line special Memory Music presents Lady Gaga




Lady Gaga 


Introduction


Let's get all our little monsters together and this new feature Memory Music, we look at the firsts, the lasts, the impressions of music. This can go from singers, to genres, to specific songs. It's all about music here, so let's get of the edge, and let's get this ball rolling by looking at Lady Gaga! We also, look into 10 facts that you might not know by the FAME MONSTER Lady Gaga. 


First impressions of Lady Gaga


In all seriousness, I thought she was amazing. My first impression from her I was watching MTV best music videos and this was one of them. It was Bad Romance followed by Pokerface, and I just loved the outfits, the dance routines, the music, and also Lady Gaga herself. I didn't have a negative thought about her, my Spotify is full of her music, and I even have some of her CD's stashed away for safe keeping just in case Spotify crashes one day!. 


First song was Bad Romance 


Visually stunning on the music video, really a great happy song to get your body shaking really back in the day. It's fresh, it's new, her outfits from then to now have been quite different, absurd, fashionable. But, Lady Gaga her first song was amazing! Everybody knew the song, it was catchy, it was quite interesting to watch the music video because there was so many elements and outfits she wore you could guess what was the song about. But, deep down, it's a really popular song to listen to if you're a Gaga fan. This was my first song I listened to and then it went to Pokerface and then Edge of Glory and I loved them, and that's why am a Monster, I utterly love her music and saw some footage of her concert of doing these songs and they are brilliant. 

Last song I've listened to was Do What U Want


From Bad Romance to Do What U Want it's a huge transition. Do What U Want is much more out there, extremely sexual and it's showing you that you can do what you want to my body, but deep down you can't touch my mind. Which in fact, the song itself the lyrics is honest and true. Because, deep down you can use you're body but you can never truly get into someone's mind 100%. Plus, the music video from Bad Romance to this, just wow, you see the transition of the experimenting and tampering with different elements of music, styles of fashion. Her music became more out there I felt. Bad Romance and Pokerface was quite glitter, then when we go to Do What U Want it's quite a different take on reality. I like Lady Gaga in this because it's questioning reality to me. 


My favourite song is Telephone


The music video alone made me fall in love with this song, and the fact she is singing with Beyonce really makes it quite an interesting music video. The dancing in the music video is brilliant, you can tell that Lady Gaga really works hard to produce amazing works of art. That's how I see Lady Gaga with the music, the outfits, the dance routines it's not just a performance, it's a piece of art work. It's really catchy as well, you can easily follow it and remember it, and there has been loads of covers of this song. One I quite like is the Glee version. But, I feel like when you hear the word "Telephone" at first, you don't know what the song could be about. Then, boom prison, car chasing, it's a full story line in the music video which is what we really want when watching music videos. Trying to understand the story behind the lyrics. The fact that this is one of her earliest works, I love the album "The Fame Monster" it's just funky, fun, up beat and then you have all these different styles of lyrical performances that makes you, want to listen to her more. 

My least favourite song is Alejandro


I think it comes down to preference at the end of the day, and I just don't like this song or music video. I THINK it's because the beginning takes a while to get into the up beat music, the lyrics I like but I just don't like the execution of the song. I actually don't like the start of the music video at all of Alejandro it's just something I don't like. I think the dance routines and the performance itself thou in the music video is brilliant. It's flawless, I love the contemporary feel, but I just feel that the costumes and the feel of the whole performance was dark, and not to my preference as a visual theatre graduate. But, again visually stunning and makes you question a lot of things as sexuality, society and what the performance means. 


My favourite cover of Gaga's song is Marry The Night from Glee 

I am not really a huge Glee fan, I have watched in total about 4 episodes and that's it. But, I did love this cover of Marry the Night by Adam Lambert, I feel Adam Lambert took it to a different place which I like when listening to covers because it changes your persona of that song. Personally, prefer this cover to the actual Lady Gaga cover only because I feel Adam Lambert made that song personal to him and you feel more passion and more performance level when watching him. The scene where Adam Lambert comes in was comical, and I think his attire was spot on for the song as well and the band, it just gives the presence that he is a night kind of person which fits in with the song. 

My least favourite cover of Gaga's song is Edge of Glory by Nick Pitera


My sister introduced me to Nick Pitera, he works at Disney's studio and makes loads of YouTube videos using there equipment. But, basically I HATE this cover, and hate is quite a harsh word and it fills you up with utter dismissle of the song. But, I have to say the Edge of Glory isn't that great when Nick Pitera does it. It's very slow, very dim and you lose interest personally after about 2 minutes, it's not the Edge of Glory, I like the fact that Nick Pitera changed the whole concept of the song. But, personal preference I didn't like the cover. 

Impression now of Lady Gaga? 


I have to say, Lady Gaga is the queen of Pop now, she will stay there, she comes up with new ways to present herself. It can be quite contemporary and absurd which is some of the reasons I love Lady Gaga as a singer because she goes to that weird place that she calls home. I think she will keep going far, I think she will become the new Cher, won't retire because she loves what she is doing, I think she will adapt, I think she likes the idea of surviving in the industry. But, there's no one like Lady Gaga, there just isn't. The closest, I would personally say is Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball, but other then that Lady Gaga is one of the most unique stage/music video performer to date. 

10 Facts About Lady Gaga You Might Not Know! 

  1. Lady Gaga wrote Born This Way in 10 minutes flat! 
  2. Lady Gaga's real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
  3. Lady Gaga's name was inspired by the Queen song, "Radio Gaga"
  4. Her main nicknames are Gagaloo, Loopy, Mother Monster, Rabbit Teeth and Little Mermaid
  5. Lady Gaga's favourite cartoon character is Bugs Bunny
  6. She was actually a huge fan of My Little Pony toys when growing up, she says "I was obsessed with the idea of a creature that was born with something magical that made them the misfit in the world of the stallion"
  7. She dropped out of New York University when she was 19 to purse her music career, she said "I thought I could teach myself about art better than the school could" 
  8. Lady Gaga says she believes that Brittany Spears is the true Queen of Pop
  9. Lady Gaga wants to join a drag show
  10. Lady Gaga wrote songs for Pussycat Dolls, New Kids On The Block, Akon and Fergie.

My Rankings


Personally, she's a huge sensation, I love her music, love her lyrics, her sounds, her outfits. She's generally someone you want to hear about when she's on the news because it's something quite unique when looking at her outfits, her performances. So, I have to give the Mother Monster a high 10 out of 10, a flawless performance, a great singer and an inspirational artist. 



If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment