Tuesday 18 November 2014

What's The Bottom Line special Memory Music presents Eminem




presents

Eminem 



First Impressions of Eminem?


I can remember hearing Eminem one day at school because in primary school we didn't have phones or IPods back then this generation, so knowing music artist was quite hard really thinking about it. But, heard of Eminem when I was in high school and at home on the music channels. I remember listening to When I'm Gone which is around 2005, and I've enjoyed Eminem's music because I feel you don't see everything he can do. He is classed as a rapper and back then I didn't enjoy rappers simply because they go so fast you can't understand them. But, Eminem is different, I feel when we first listened to him we know about his past and future through his music and we are on a journey with him. So, let's get the ball rolling with When I'm Gone. 

First Song is When I'm Gone


I loved the beginning of the song, it was something extremely different and the rap Eminem does within in the song is extremely powerful. You have to really listen to Eminem to understand what images he is projecting into our minds. The song is in an album called Curtain Call, and it's just quite sad. I wouldn't of thought a rap could be sad, because rappers I've experienced and the public haven't really been exposed to the sad format of raps, but Eminem makes it sound connectable to us as the public. I think when I first listened to Eminem I wanted to listen to more because of how unique his music could and can be. I feel this song is like a life lesson that you can by pass by just listening to the song. The tempo is quite neutral but I think when Eminem created this song he wanted the listener to listen to the lyrics and not the instruments. I think this song could be connected to so many people in the community, world wide because of the issues the song addresses and how we feel about ourselves as a community and as ourselves as an individual. 


Last Song is Legacy 


I heard this when I was watching a WWE pay per view match, and the beginning is so hypnotic and so relaxing and then Eminem comes in, still with that relaxing tone introducing the story as we listen. It's quite a slow starting song I feel because I feel this is more words than instruments, but what's it about is powerful. I think Eminem is a fantastic rapper because he makes things linking to people. It picks up I have to admit, but I do feel that this is a challenge for everyone leaving there own mark. And, the chorus could be sad or happy because leaving yourself a legacy is a difficult challenge to accomplish. But, connecting this song to When I'm Gone I do see the similarities because of the lyrical rap. However, I do see the journey from the first song to this song because the tempo is quite different.   



My First Favourite Duet Song is Love The Way You Lie with Rihanna


I think somewhere along the line this was rated the number one best Music Video and won a few awards. And, I can't argue with that. Eminem and Rihanna work fantastically together and we see the world and hardship going into the music. I watched this around 2010 because that's when it came out and I think people forget that Megan Fox is in the music video..... and seeing Rihanna sing and Eminem sing whilst we have two actors playing the story out was powerful. Because this happens, I know a lot of relationships that are around the whole concept of this song. Relationships that are violent, liars, or abusive and I think it's a great reflection if we want to consider the fact that this is quite realistic. And, hearing both sides of the relationship stand of, of a women's point to a man's point and how hard it could be physically and mentally. The ending, in the music video and of the song in general I love. But, I will always go to the music video than listening to the song because of how powerful and interesting they made the video and performance level. I think, if they didn't do a music video it wouldn't of done as well, don't get me wrong still be successful but wouldn't of had that "WOW!" factor. 





My Recent Favourite Duet Song is The Monster with Rihanna


I think it would be wrong not addressing this song, I love it. We all have those voices in our heads, monsters in our nightmares and I think this song addresses the fact that we all have those voices in our head and telling us what to do, it's humanity of our brains telling us something. I love Rihanna and Eminem's contrast in the video, you see Rihanna kind of....enjoying the fact that she is friends with the monsters and can play with them. Whilst, Eminem is the one struggling, capturing the concept of what these monsters are. His solo rap, I think it's the best rap he's ever done because I don't like Slim Shady that much, which is one of his very first songs but I do prefer The Monster because of the balance of both artists and the fact that it has fantastic different music styles. 



My Least Favourite Song is Berzerk


Hate the beginning, and hate is a strong word. But, don't get me wrong, I had to pick my least favourite and I like nearly all of Eminem's songs. So, out of them all I mainly dislike Berzerk because it takes a while for the tempo to kick some butt. But, when it does it's fantastic. I think when Eminem starts singing the actual song it's really jamming. I could listen to it, but the beginning isn't my favourite start for an Eminem song. Don't get me wrong, this is my own opinion, I know some people that prefer this song to others, but I just feel it drags in places, and if the beginning had some small changes I would probably enjoy it more.



What Makes Eminem So Popular?


In my opinion as a listener and understanding that performance level in performances from stage, street and television. I would say mainly he's popular because most or even all of his songs can relate to us as an individual. I know people that portray this happy life style, but there's always a dark side with people, sad pasts, sad futures, something along the way will happen to someone in some form of bad way because that's life. But, I think Eminem addresses the fact that it's okay because he has been through it. Even thou, we are going through his journey I think we can relate to more than one song that he has sung and performed. And, if I would have to say why is he popular, because of the generation we have at this moment in time rapping is quite a play on words, and the fact that we haven't had Eminem long, I think he is here to stay for a good while yet. I think he will still be around for 10/20 years and I think for him because he loves music, he would re-vamp the way we see rap...that's my professional opinion and I think if he does revamp the way we see rap and music I think he can achieve this. 

9 Facts About Eminem?

  1.  As a nine-year-old, Eminem was beaten so badly by a school bully that he spent over a week in a coma. His music has since been credited with helping to bring more than one fan out of similar states, including a twelve-year-old girl who was hit by a car in Northumberland.
  2. As a youngster, Marshall harboured ambitions to become a comic book artist rather than a rapper, which explains various animated threads through-out his career, including the Dubya-baiting ‘Mosh’ video and The Slim Shady Show series.
  3. The Slim Shady moniker may never have materialised if he’d pursued one of his pre-fame jobs as a cook at a family restaurant in Michigan. Still, you can take the white trash outta the trailer park, but old habits die hard: Em’s a Taco bell man nowadays.
  4. Despite a tearaway image and numerous brushes with the law, Mathers’ didn’t clock his first arrest until aged twenty, appre-hended for shooting at a cop car with a paintball gun. No word on whether the aftermath resembled a scene from Shady’s all-time favourite movie, classic gangster flick 'Scarface', but we’ll take a punt on no…
  5. At the risk of branding Eminem a hypocrite, however, he wasn’t so keen on parodies when poodle-haired musical piss-taker ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic came a-calling. Yankovic had permission refused to film a video for ‘Lose yourself’ take-off ‘Couch Potato’. Apparently, Mathers didn’t want to “detract from his image as a serious hip-hop artist”.
  6. During the shooting of 8 Mile, Em would write lyrics for the soundtrack during breaks. When shooting resumes crew members will have to pull the notepad from him in order to catch his attention and make him stop writing.
  7. Eminem wears glasses because he’s near-sighted and is a gadget freak.
  8. Eminem wears size XXL clothes
  9. After lyrics about wanting to see the president dead, the Secret Service put Em on their radar… a place that nobody wants to be.The president that was the object of his disdain? George Bush.The name of the song is “We as Americans” and the lyrics are: “F**k money, I don’t rap for dead presidents. I’d rather see the president dead, it’s never been said but I set precedents.


My Rankings


I think we won't see Eminem slowing down because we know that his passion is music and entertainment. But, I think we want to see what Eminem can do. I know I want to see something completely different from Eminem, but that's the image he has created. So, I would give Eminem a good solid 8 out of 10, and it's not 10 out of 10 because I feel for that to happen, I need to see Eminem to write, sing and perform something spectacular and something completely different that we haven't seen before. 

What's The Bottom Line? 


I have to say it makes me laugh when people pre-judge music. Eminem, isn't as bad as people make out, he is quite an honest artist and loves to do what he does. And, I want to believe it's not for the money but for the music. So, bottom line? I would say if you only listened to a few of Eminem's song try and explore more of his music and what Eminem enjoys listening too and look into some of his history because I feel he has learned so much from when he was younger. So, check him out and that's the bottom line. 

Don't forget to join our Facebook Page Here on That's The Bottom Line

No comments:

Post a Comment