Friday 7 November 2014

What's The Bottom Line presents Grind My Gears Issue #4


Air Balloon


Introduction


Welcome to GRIND MY GEARS! We heard it from Family Guy, so I designed my own logo and thought I say what's been grinding my gears lately. It's come back from big demand on the blogging site. So, let's get what really grinds our gears and let's start with something that won't really change, it's always there and it just won't go. And, that's people who judge others.




When People Judge Others


Everyone near enough will get judged at one point in there life. We have experienced through school, high school, college, university, family, or even people in the streets. I really get annoyed when someone looks at you and they pre-judge you before even knowing anything about it. I blame society for this and media, because there's stereotypes, we see it in the media, television shows, history itself has proven this. I was actually quite annoyed at Eastenders last night because Nick Cotton referred to Arthur "Fatboy" as an "immigrant". I mean, that for me shocked me because Nick doesn't even know Fatboy and it's so offensive I found it, without knowing someone and calling them something is wrong. Hey, I use to live in Hyde and we called people "chavs" "sluts" I mean, am not being funny unless you know this as a fact, don't call someone that. If you know there a chav, and what is a chav? Chav is defined as a young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes. To me, that's just descriping everyone on the X-Factor, think about it! They are loud, there behaviour of dancing could be loutish and they are wearing either real or imitation designer clothes from the department. Until they win, they could be classed as chavs. But, it annoys me the fact that you call someone a chav without knowing them. Or, a slut, I mean do you physically know they are a slut? Have you witnessed it? Which not being funny is probably; no most likely illegal to watch doing it. And, it's creepy too. I know lots of my friends that get the prejudge vibe from people, from being a young mom, listening to headphones on the bus, giving change to homeless people because the people judging us believe it's wrong....Am sorry, if you're judging someone for giving money to homeless, charities or even a street performance need to rethink how you see people. It really annoys me because people say am an "IT guy" and am like "YEAH, I can turn a computer on". But, I love the performing arts, no matter what I love watching and learning from a performance whether it's television, stage, music, books all kinds of performance elements. And, if you're wondering about the books they paint a picture in you're head of what the writer wants you to imagine, isn't that art? So, to similar of people judging you, how about you say an opinion and it's classed as "wrong".

When Someone Gives An Opinion And You Think It's Wrong


I actually had a friend that did this a lot. And, it annoyed me to hell and back again! I listen and take in people's opinions but when someone says point blank "it's wrong". They aren't really a great friend or listener for that matter. I learned in college and high school really, that listening to others is a great way to expand you're mind of being open minded. If you followed that one person that's stuck in there ways and not opened to other opinions society would suck. Point blank, it would just suck, there's not openness to have you're opinion spreaded out, and I like the fact that if there's a conversation about something I know nothing about. Yet, am listening and learning at the same time of learning something new. And, deep down we all crave that knowledge of knowing something completely different. I just hated it through high school, I was like "oh we could do this" and point blank a friend of mine says "No we won't do that, that's stupid". I mean, calling someone's opinion/idea on something is wrong. Because, let's say someone likes Miley Cyrus music, and I be like "That's fair enough, I prefer her old stuff to her new stuff". See, I haven't said Miley Cyrus sucks, but I appreciated what she has done and what she is doing. I mean, I don't agree with some stuff she's done but overall if someone have an opinion I won't say it's wrong. I feel if you're saying to someone there opinion is wrong, you're saying that them as a person is living there life wrong. That's how I feel, I never ever say to someone that there opinion is wrong. My parents watch Celebrity Juice and I say "I don't like Keith Lemon, but I know you'll enjoy the show". And, my parents understood that I don't like Celebrity Juice. I know many of my friends love Celebrity Juice but I wouldn't comment on there Facebook status "Keith Lemon's crap". Because, that's what my friends like and I wouldn't degrade there television show with an irrelevant comment. 

Toy Story 4


Right....before I say ANYTHING on Toy Story 4, I love Disney films and I really love Toy Story but I will tell you why this really grinds my gears. JUST STOP! Toy Story 3 how it ended, yes there could link to more, but I love these short Toy Story ones, it's popular and there not too short you think it's pointless and the storyline's that has come out of these short films have been incredible. The only thing I can actually see in Toy Story 4, is the fact Andy comes back from university with a girlfriend/wife and we find out he has a son/daughter. I think that would be a great storyline but since Toy Story 3 came out in 2010 and Toy Story 4 is coming out in 2017... It's very very possible because Andy went off to college that's about three years or four years depending of what he does....Because, that's one thing we never knew! I think it could be really cool if he went to a writing course and he ends up writing a book called "Toy Story" and he gets his old toys from Bonnie, but his new girlfriend is like Sid maybe? Who knows always need a Villain in these Toy Story films....Which is true Toy Story 1 there was Sid, Toy Story 2 the Prospector and Al then Toy Story 3 Lotso the Bear, I mean there has to be a villain somewhere in the Toy Story 4. Below is a theory on Andy's Dad! But, lets take that into consideration for a second....Could this be Toy Story 4? Andy's dad comes back and out of his Dad's kind heart wants to see his toys he played with as a child? But, we find out the villain is nothing more than Andy's dad! Now that would be a good turn for the books. But, if you think that would never happen read below the long winded theory but don't worry there is a shorter version!


THEORY ON TOY STORY ANDY'S DAD!!


This long and winded bit is in detail the theory but scroll down and it's the much more simpler version

Andy's mom is Emily who actually owned Jessie, which is why in Toy Story 3, Andy's mom pauses when she picks up Jessie. Let that little theory settle in but you want to know about Andy's Dad???? Who never gets mentioned? The theory is that Andy's parents were going through a a divorce during Toy Story. Now many of you probably saw that coming. But, it's important to point out that this is not an amicable divorce. Andy's dad left the family, and there's plenty of evidence to confirm this. Keep in mind one thing that Andy's dad is never mentioned or seen throughout the Toy Story movies. If it wasn't for the rudiments of biology and procreation, then we could just assume that the guy doesn't even exist. But he does!!!! All signs point to him walking out on his wife and kids. The clear clues is that Andy's dad DID NOT DIE. If he had died, then why are there no pictures of him on the wall in the Davis house? Off course, you can argue that he died a long time ago and the family has forgotten about him already. BUT, if that's the case, then how do you explain the fact that Molly (Andy's younger sister) is a baby???? He would've had to have died recently in order for her existence to be possible. It makes more sense to assume that his pictures were taken down, and it would take something despicable on his part for that to happen. Andy's mom is spotted without a wedding ring at Andy's birthday party in the first film. IF Mr. David had died recently, then she would probably still be wearing it. You can come up with a  lot of diverting theories to explain all of this by saying Molly was conceived by some other man and that could be why the parents divorced. You could argue that the kids are adopted, or Andy's mom just "gets around". But don't you think the creators of Toy Story intended for this to be clear? In this else, the simple explanation is the more likely. After all, the family is moving from a bigger house to a  noticeably smaller one in Toy Story, which signals that Andy's mom is having financial trouble. If she and Mr. Davis were getting a divorce, then he would at least be paying child support, but the family still has to make some sacrifices. Oh and the family gets a puppy. That's pretty much the king of single mother clichés.

The deadbeat dad theory also explains why Andy is so deeply connected with his toys, especially the masculine figureheads depicted by Woody and Buzz (who are both authoritative models as a "sheriff" and a "space ranger"). When seems like a petty rivalry between two toys vying for Andy's affection is really an allegory that Andy is playing out in his mind. In the end, their reconciliation and eventual friendship is symbolic of Andy coming to terms with only having his mother around.

Woody is the "old" father figure that represents where Andy really comes from, while Buzz is the "new" future he has to get used to. It's no wonder Andy is going through emotional whiplash as he has to face the absence of his father and having to move to a totally new house within such a limited amount of time.
Now, if you're a fan of my theory of Pixar movies and the Pixar Detective novel, then a fun way to interpret this is by noting how Woody and Buzz are essentially "programmed" to make Andy happy.
They may notice that he is torn by his old life and the new one that is being forced upon him, prompting Woody to obsess over making sure Andy still has a connection to his old life, while Buzz is the "oblivious" future that just happens upon Andy without him knowing it.

HERE'S THE SIMPLER VERSION


So here it is in a nutshell. Andy's father most likely walked out on the family, which led to Andy's mother deciding to relocate to a smaller house to save money and (hopefully) move on from the painful memory. She has removed any pictures she has of him, along with her wedding ring, and the father is never mentioned or seen, even in Andy's graduation photos.

It's sad and kind of depressing, but inevitably pointless to the story, which is really about a boy and his toys that somehow come to life and compete for his love and imagination.

The New Series And It Sucks! 


Right I LOVE my TV Shows and I was excited and hyped up by so many TV Shows coming out with brand new episodes. There was Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons. I was excited like a kid at Christmas. What could go wrong? Well, my Christmas ended quite quickly when the Grinch called boring and lack of imagination came in....That's right. My favourite TV Shows were soon destroyed by bad imagination, horrible writing of stories and much much more. Let's start off with Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first season. I am a Marvel fan, the only thing keeping me in DC Heroes is Batman and Superman. But, Marvel is really exposing the whole Marvel Universe which is comparing that to Gotham which I do enjoy as well. But, Season 2 should of had a huge mega re-think. Let me break it down, Season 1 was on the edge, you didn't see it coming and it was suspense. Season 2, is boring, lacks storyline and it doesn't make sense! I won't say any spoilers but a certain agent is still there but not working for them, and there not using him! Plus, Season 2 you kind of know what story there going into. Whilst, in Season 1 you were curious and not fully aware of what will happen. South Park, finally Episode 4 and I get the references, I think South Park just forgot to make it universal. My friend didn't get the ice hockey one, my other friend didn't get the recent one of the drones. I mean, I got that because I have seen them. But, I feel South Park has lost the universal and actually up to date things in society and just went all American. Family Guy....I mean I thought it sucked this Sunday, yeah Cleveland is back but it just reminded me of the Family Guy/Simpsons cross over episode. There wasn't actually anything exciting in the episode. Stewie and Brian didn't do anything, it was purely Cleveland and Peter. I admit there was comedy elements but it got old. I mean, I didn't even knew Cleveland show got cancelled!. Simpsons....yes New Series started and some of the episodes been above okay. That's not why am upset! There doing a cross over with Futurama! I mean....WHY! Wouldn't that change the fabric of the future if you know what the future holds? Maybe that's the episode I don't know. But, they just did the Family Guy and Simpsons....now Futurama and Simpson....WHAT'S NEXT! Cleveland show gets down on the Simpsons? Bob's Burgers has a new restaurant in Springfield? OR, does Cartman travel to Springfield to blow it up! I mean, it getting irrelevant sometimes these crossovers. The only new series I like so far is Gotham, Forever, The Apprentice and The Big Bang Theory. 



Into The Woods Casting


Before I go into why am annoyed at the casting. It's not a Tim Burton film! It's actually directed by Rob Marshall, that's why you don't see Helena Bonham Carter in the film but Johnny Depp is still there. It's a musical, which I didn't know to be honest, I saw the trailer and was surprised by that. But, let's see who this A list casting is. So, let's get to it.....Johnny Depp as The Wolf, excellent choice considering he played The Mad Hatter, Willy Wonka, and Captain Jack Sparrow I can really see him portraying the Wolf. Then, Emily Blunt as The Baker's Wife, I love Emily Blunt in ANYTHING, She's a brilliant actress. Meryl Streep is lending her skills to play the iconic Witch in Into the Woods and in the trailer you see her sing. So, from Mamma Mia to Into the Woods, looking forward to that!. Then, Chris Pine who's Cinderella's Prince....that's the actual name I see in the IMDB page, but he was in Guardians of the Galaxy as Starlord and enjoyed his performance so looking forward to him. Anna Kendrick as Cinderella......Isn't Cinderella blonde??? I would of thought Brittany Snow to be honest but Anna Kendrick....wait and see I enjoyed her in Pitch Perfect but not in many films after that like Rapturepalooza....Think that's how you spell it. And, didn't enjoy her in Twilight. I think what's getting many many shocks is D list actor James Corden is the Baker.... I haven't seen him in many films. From memory, I seen him in Gulliver's Travel's, Begin Again, and I mainly know him for TV shows like Gavin and Stacey and he was in the Doctor Who TV episodes as well. I just thought since there doing the iconic fairy tale characters they would get people that fit the bill. Cinderella I would get Brittany Snow and to play the Baker I would actually get Brian Blessed. Just think about it before bashing that idea out. He has the image and he is a brilliant singer.

So. What's The Bottom Line?


I think, the people judging we will always bump into in our society because people won't get out of there mind sets. Which, isn't there fault it's what has influence them into that one mindedness, could be parents, grand parents, sisters, brothers, friends, television programmes, books. Could be anything that triggered that one minded set of being judgemental. My advice on this would be to not let it bother you. If you ever come across a friend or person that says your opinion is wrong.....Point blank say, you can't say it's wrong it's an opinion. And, if they don't grasp that little thing, then there not worth it. The Toy Story 4 thing, sorry for waffling haha but in all seriousness am curious where there going with it. I thought my ideas would be interesting, but all good things eventually come to an end. The TV Series I can't even give advice on that, it's either the writers faults for creating the situations for you're beloved characters. I would say thou, try completely different TV Series, I am trying Houses of Cards am three episodes in and am loving it. Try and find you're favourite actor in a different film or TV Series. If you have Netflix try a completely different TV Show. And, Into The Woods I was above all shocked by the cast.... I always give a film a chance and go in open minded. But, I was really surprised James Corden is in the film. But, wait and see. We know Meryl Streep can sing so we just have to wait and see, does Meryl Street enchant our hearts or does her magic need a wand to help her out? Thanks for reading Bottomliners and remember follow our Facebook group and page below.

If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

OR Want To Follow Our Facebook Page just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment