Sunday 30 November 2014

What's The Bottom Line presents Grind My Gears Issue #6


Thi Regular





Introduction


Welcome to GRIND MY GEARS! We are back with what really grinds our gears! Now, if you don't understand the concept of Grind My Gears it's something that tics you're tempers, aggression, frustrations. Basically, pressing those buttons no one should really press! So, let's get right to it and talk what Grinds Our Gears!



The Moment You Tidy Something It's Ruined!

Am going to be honest, this never bugged me until I started a certain something. It happened to me this week, I was tidying the DVD section all nicely, dark rated 18s together (rated R), then 18s, 15s, 12s, PGs and Us and then so on with games. But, when I finally finished this one guy decided to re-arrange every single DVD....And, he didn't buy anything! He put 18s in 15s, Us in 18s it drived me mad! And, he knew it took me about 10 minutes to do it. But, considering am in a professional environment I won't speak out. I could keep doing it, but he was that desperate to get and give me more work which was irrelevant. What did he achieve?!?!?! NOTHING! I don't understand why people can't put back something when they take it out. It's like I'll take a book out and put it in the fish bowl...doesn't make sense. OR, it's like you're in a Chinese restaurant and just order English chips.....No connections, don't understand. But, this isn't the highlight of what grinds my gears. 


I Must Of Missed It In The News, Manners Cost Something?

This weeks Grind My Gears Highlight goes to this one. We all understand and bump into this on a casual day to day life but this one REALLY got to me. Manners cost nothing, it's like air it SHOULD come naturally to us. But, I was dealing with someone and they were incredibly inpatient, rude, aggressive and above all racist. Now, you're thinking why did you let them? The racist was the child, the aggressive was the dad, the impatient was the mum and the rude was all together! I didn't do anything because I took the high ground. But, we are in the new generation and I was physically sick that I have countered something in a civilized environment like this. Am sorry, but how I was brought up you get what you're given and treat everyone equally. I just simply smile and I still be nice even if there not it's just....I don't understand point blank. But, I've been thinking about it not many people I've encounter has manners. Yes, I am a comedian mostly and have a laugh but in  a positive way I would of thought. But, when someone that I encounter seems strict I won't because they might take it the wrong way which in some way makes me uncomfortable. Like, one day I just felt I couldn't laugh, smile, tell the odd joke and be pleasant and polite. I don't know why, I did praise the lord! But, I dunno what happened there. I just had a vibe not to but I still did and went okay haha. 

People That Think They Know Better

I have encounter this more often then I should at my age, the most I'll do is tell you knowledge you might not help and might benefit you e.g necessary. I am usually kind and helpful and true with what I say because that's just me. BUT, when someone tells me there's only ONE WAY to do things am sorry I have to say "No there isn't". I CAN'T stand people that are one minded, it's their way or no way. Am just like "sorry, go away". I have learn't that being open minded will get you far. But, this person pushed and pushed me and I had to tell this person straight "You do it then". Simply because, A) this person was making me uncomfortable, B) doesn't have the authority to tell me how to do certain things (fact) and off course C) I do have a brain! I mean, what we were doing isn't rocket science or brain surgery! It's very very very simple stuff,, you don't need any qualifications to do it. But, I tell you something I really wanted to speak up more and I did and now we work slightly better I want to say. But, not completely better if that makes sense. But, this person won't change they are stuck in their mind set which does really annoy me. I don't understand how can someone think they are a better person then yourself? I believe everyone is equal, no one can be better than someone else because they could be better than something you're not.   


That 1% Battery Life!

This really really is the top Grind My Gears personally, I charge my phone reasonably way. In the morning 100% great am sorted for the day.....so you think! I forgot to turn off my phone this one time it was on for an hour. From 53% to 1%! I was like, "right, where's my charger" and I needed my phone that time to make a really quick phone call. And, the moment I found my charger my phone dies! I was just like, this is either karma or a sign saying "Just remember to turn off your phone". I get panic when it's on 1%, and am not gonna lie was more interested sending this text first then charging because even thou it says 1% it's a good solid 5 minutes before it dies! I mean, that makes no sense to me. Plus, it happens to you when you desperately need to use your phone and you sigh and go "Oh, GREAT!". I mean, there should be an emergency supply of battery for big emergencies! Why hasn't Apple or other mobile companies thought of this?!?! 

People Judging What You Wear

Let's round this up with something I personally hate people doing. And, it may seem simple and doesn't phase you but later on could do. It's people judging what you wear, now I love what I wear. It's me. I love colour, I love my hair, my shoes, my marvel/dc t-shirts, my short sleeved shirts and yet the other day someone laughed at me......Now, I don't understand why? Yes, they are wearing uniforms and I just laughed back. Mainly because, if they got to choose what they wear I bet around 85% of the school population would be bullied because it's going against the 'normal' appearance. It's actually fact because it happens in American with their schools. But, I still don't understand the laughter and it didn't phase me because am generally happy with my appearances and fashion sense. 

So. What's The Bottom Line?


So, let's sum That's The Bottom Line Grind My Gears.....Tidy to Untidy is something we can't physically provent but having that level of not caring is great to have. But, at the end of the day if they knew you went through all that work to tidy up don't let it phase you. Manners.....Honestly, I think it's how you brought up. Manners cost nothing, and learning them won't even take a minute. However, people thinking their better and their way is the only way...simply ignore them and do what you make you comfortable. The 1% battery just be conscious with you're phone and make sure it's at least at half battery life if it's on all the time so you can keep a good eye on the battery life. And, here's from experience if someone laughs at you're clothing just smirk because it's immature at the end of the day because they will encounter other people wearing what they think is funny. But, that could end badly and that's the bottom line for Grind My Gears.


If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

OR Want To Follow Our Facebook Page just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment