Thursday 4 December 2014

What's The Bottom Line with Transformers Age of Extinction (2014)

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) 

Starring Mark Wahlberg (Boogie Nights (1997) and The Fighter (2010)),  Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender (2010) and Deck the Halls (2006)), Jack Reynor (What Richard Did (2012) and Delivery Man (2013)), Kelsey Grammer (Cheers (1982) and Toy Story 2 (1999)) and Stanley Tucci (The Hunger Games (2012) and The Terminal (2004))


First Impressions Before Seeing The Film?


This is the only film this year, where I didn't watch the trailer. I knew absolutely nothing about this film, I avoided the blogs, reviews, friends that watch it for months. Bought the Blu-Ray just a few days ago so I thought I put it on and watch it. Plus, got all of them now on Blu-Ray for all four was only £20....and Transformers Age of Extinction is still quite new, so am quite happy about that. I knew Mark Wahlberg was in it, But, besides that I didn't really know how it started, or what would happen at all. And, I heard about dinosaurs from someone, so I assumed that we would see those Dino Riders, that's purely for toys I believe, someone told me, the Transformers franchise only made these Dino Riders because they could make it into a toy. But, honestly I don't keep up with random Transformers names but know the famous ones, but let's watch it and see what happens. 

After I Watched The Film?


Michael Bay, what have you done! For starters, there were bits I fast forward because it dragged.....I mean seriously dragged. It was all "Ohhh the daughter has this older boyfriend blah blah blah and the hero is the inventor blah blah blah ooo Optimus Prime." That's it. Honestly, the one thing that major annoyed me was .... I don't want to say, but it's all about the dinosaurs.......Alaska......we hear it roughly about twice and then that's it. And, boom we have dinosaur transformers randomly in a ship. Come on that's not a spoiler! If you watch the trailer, which I have you could assume how Optimus Prime or Transformers or humans find these dinosaurs. It was very science I have to admit, it bored me in some stages. But, I was liking the villains more because they were a lot more cruel and mean. Apparently, this is what I heard from a article ages ago, Kelsey Grammer if you didn't know lost his daughter, and in this film. You can tell two/three scenes would of been incredibly hard for him to do because it involves a daughter and murder. And, I heard somewhere and read somewhere that he had to have a few days before coming back to the set. But, come on Kelsey Grammer is amazing in this film. I can't fault the acting, I think it was the lack of violence and the fact that we are being introduced to a different version of the Transformers. Basically, as we know the humans had enough, starts hunting Autobots. Boom, that's the whole hour, fight fight science science and then twists twists and dinosaurs! Yeah....That's one thing that annoyed me in this film as well. We see the dinosaurs roughly.....15 minutes of the entirely film and there the highlight of the trailer. 


Could It Of Been Better? 


YES! YES! Sorry, but it could of been better. When I was even buying the box set the guy said "It's okay". And, I would have to agree, it didn't wow me, it didn't please me. It was in the middle. The ending, I enjoyed which will come to my next question. But, the overall film was quite boring.....And, it hurts me to say this because am a huge Transformers lover. I love the films. I think, if they did more about the Transformers than the humans it would of been more interesting, seeing those missions that they went on in some scenes or flash back scenes would of been interesting. OR! even seeing all the Autobots that were destroyed being killed off. Yeah, you don't see that at all. I actually prefer the human villain to the Transformer villain,I like seeing different sides of people in films because you try to get who's the goodie and who's the baddie. I mentioned above and below who's kinda in the film, but I purposely left out names of others mainly because it's a huge spoiler which leads to my next question.

Is There Going To Be Another?

I am not one to say how films end. BUT, how this film ended I would clearly say that they is definitely another film in works or going to be in works. But, am really annoyed they keep using the same mega villain in the film. Right, it won't make sense so CUE SPOILER ALERT!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Megatron is back but is under a new name, not saying what but that was a really nice twist in the film that I enjoyed. BUT! That's not it! Optimus Prime leaves the film by flying off into space and warning "The Creators" of who Optimus Prime was built from that he is coming for them. So, CLEARLY there is another film in works because I think if you haven't watched the Transformers cartoons, comics, or even search who they are. You would be curious and wanting to know who exactly is The Creators. So, I think that's what the next film is about with involvement with Megatron and most likely another huge villain. 


10 Facts About This Film

  1. According to the filmmakers of the movie, 90% of Mark Wahlberg's stunts in the film are done by him!
  2. Michael Bay wasn't originally going to direct the fourth film, but had an experience that changed his mind. After Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011), Bay finally got to visit the Transformers ride at the Universal Studios. Upon seeing fans waiting three blocks for the attraction, he realized he wasn't ready to give up the franchise just yet. 
  3. This is the first Transformers property where Bumblebee says a human curse word, which for me as a fan was weird to hear from Bumblebee.
  4. Dwayne Johnson was offered the role of Cade Yeager, but he declined because of Hercules.
  5. This is John Goodman's fourth live-action adaptation of a cartoon series, after The Flintstones (1994), The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000) and Speed Racer (2008) 
  6. This is the first film that doesn't have a Linkin Park soundtrack. The band would instead compose a song for the tie-in video game Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (2014).
  7. In one scene there is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (2010) doll that turns into a gun. "Transformers" and "My Little Pony" are owned by Hasbro
  8. Mark Wahlberg and Stanley Tucci also worked together in The Lovely Bones (2009)
  9. You can see Michael Bay in the high way purchase sequence as driver of truck that Bumble and Optimus destroy after jump over bridge (slow motion sequence)
  10. Known as the two main Transformers villians, Galvatron and Lockdown never meet face to face. 


My Rankings


IMDB users overall rated this 5.9, and I even given this a 6. It's okay. It's an okay movie with about 45% drama, 30% transformers action, 25% human action and then the 5% is what you finally wanted of the dinosaurs transformers. If you think am exaggerated, what it and you'll see. But, for once I agree with IMDB users giving this film an okay 5.9 because at the end of the day, it missed some key things, the script was overall okay, was about three intense scenes in the whole film and that's it. 

So, What's The Bottom Line?


If I would have to say a bottom line that's short and sweet it would be. Watch-able with the family, one time only to watch I wouldn't watch it again. And, if you are a Transformers lover you will either love or hate this film because of how they did it and that's the bottom line. 

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014) Poster

Here is the trailer:

Here is the IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2109248/

If You Want To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Blogs, Join Our Facebook Group, Just Click On The Link Below: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ThatsTheBottomLine/

OR Try Our New Facebook Page!: https://www.facebook.com/ThatsTheBottomLineBlogs.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment