Wednesday 4 March 2015

What's The Bottom Line with Emma Lydia's Fashion Photography?

Emma Lydia Fashion Photography


Introduction


Emma Lydia is someone you should look out for in the near future, as you'll see below she is very professional with her photography and if you've read my blogs before I have done a number of models and photographers. However, what I am about to say will point out Emma Lydia has something no one I've written about yet has.

Portfolio

The portfolio will have a range of photographs that have been shot by Emma Lydia Fashion Photography. But, below will also have the hair, stylist, creative direction and model just to give it the feel of more professional but what you see is more than what you get. 

Photographer: Emma Lydia Fashion PhotographyMUA/Hair: Karis Mcdwyer MUAStylist/Creative Direction: Megan Shaw Styling and Creative DirectionModel: Ella-Georgia Storey Jackson // J'adore Models

 First glances you'll probably see a random girl in the club right? Well, look again. I see someone with fashion and taste. There is a saying that throughout our lives we go through phases of fashions until something sticks. This photograph and model Ella-Georgia Storey Jackson has something that's a true taste of flavour to an image, a certain class. Her eyes off course are dark and mysterious, the environment as well compliments the outfit which is something most photographers forget. Environment needs to be a good balance for it to be a successful photograph. If it's all linking and flowing, the image should be understandable. Plus, the model is quite dominate in the picture which I mean she casts this persona of charisma, beauty and hypnotic effect which is from her and the environment I personally think.


Now, to a completely different picture with Emma Lydia Fashion Photograph which I think has more class and satisfaction in. I like the black and white effect, the whites and blacks work well together to give that transparent look. The fashion again, can't complain, it's suitable but the environment again speaks volumes which makes us want to think. Debating on the picture and where it's set, my own understanding of the picture is a working girl in a uptown high energetic environment. A working girl with a dark future and past, some people miss the look, the model in this picture as before (Ella-Georgia Storey Jackson) has created a similar dominate character but in a working class environment. Which makes us think so many kinds of situations, that beauty is hard work, fashion in the working environment is challenging. All these different answers astonishing and yet exciting to experience because it's sort of connectible and then unknown.

Bath Beauty

Photographer - Emma Schofield//Ex-Pose Photography

Model: Laura Brown

MUA: Siobhan Northfield



 I can't even say anything negative about this picture. Emma Schofield e.g. Emma Lydia truly portrays contemporary with a modern taste of fashion and art. This picture whom the model Laura Brown whom I've met before portraits something truly incredible. The watery effect of gold with the black make up and outfit says to us.....Well, that's the thing what does it say to us? To me, it speaks out Gold literal gold of wealth, power and control can create something dark, black and cursed which in this case is beauty. This doesn't for me portrait dominance, but it portraits desires. Which could be a challenge if you're unknown of the colour contrast and how as a photographer and model how you are portraying this to the public.


This next one threw me completely, which is rare in photography. Same model, completely different approach why? The reason it threw me was because most photographers will stick to what they know best. However, as you've seen already Emma Lydia likes to challenge herself with the contemporary, unusual, strange materials and portrait herself as not just a one photographer mind but open minded. This to me, speaks out innocence, wishes, sacred and even purity. This really makes me think, because we see one above this and then this image and it's two completely different concepts which are just brilliant to see as a visual person. I sense tension, goals, and angles in this picture where a story could be told. The colours could be simple, white mostly in the image but we see the models emotions more through this. Which let's be honest, a model and photographer's relationship does matter I think because for two people to understand each other could bring out the best. So, therefore Laura Brown and Emma Lydia truly play off one another to  bring us remarkable material. 

What Brought Me To Emma Lydia's Work?


Passion, contemporary, strange, unusual and more importantly independently different. Now, what I mean by independent differently is that Emma Lydia thought of what she wanted, how she wanted and what kind of fashion the photograph would be. Some photographers decide on the day some decide weeks in advance for costumes, story ideas etc. But, what brought me the most to Emma Lydia's work is simple.....herself. I feel we get a taste of Emma Lydia's passion in every single photograph we've seen so far. Emma wrote on her Facebook page 

"I am young dynamic photographer. I don't work - I do what I love.". 

So we already know that Emma Lydia is a young, dynamic photographer. She doesn't do this as a work paid job, Emma Lydia is similar to me because we both do something that we love. I love blogging, she loves photographer. So, this brings me to that question of what brought me to Emma Lydia's work?!?! Simple, passion for the arts in either simple or complex forms which she can portray, which I've seen experienced photographers of years of experience fail at. So, Emma Lydia could make this a paid job on the side. Personally, a shout out to Emma Lydia once you get a portfolio make sure you know you're goals afterwards. Because, this could be you're paid job it's edgy, creative and spontaneous.  

What Does Emma Lydia Do Differently?


I feel it's the characters Emma Lydia puts in the photographers with so much ease that their's a hidden character between the photograph. For example, Laura Brown's photographers the two pictures I presented to you are completely differently. Therefore, Emma Lydia understands that to get those characters, those themes and off course that fashionable look she needs to have a clear understanding of the photo shoot. So, really Emma Lydia even thou she says she is young, she clearly understands what is, what there is and what is possible through a camera and I think that what makes her different compared to other photographers.

So, What's The Bottom Line?


What is the bottom line? Generally, everything I've said above but a shout out to Emma Lydia and to you readers to pleas check out her Facebook page, this photographer is one not to miss! And, that's the bottom line.

Follow Emma Lydia's Facebook page here AND To Keep Up To Date With What's The Bottom Line Follow Here

No comments:

Post a Comment